• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Why are there no Shadows in Prototype ?

MelonSplitter

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
1,141
I love the game but the lack of Shadows are killin me! Maybe a patch or mod in the near future. And yes I have Shadows in the option screen set to High.
 
There is a problem with prototype and ati cards not doing shadows correctly.

I should add that if you put catAI to standard it helps but it wont fix the fact that the game seems to render shadows under certain textures so they are not visible on roofs and grass.
 
Last edited:
Then I wonder how Nvidia cards render they're shadows ? Have you heard of any
talk of a Hotfix or Patch in the works ?
 
Nvidia cards render shadows like a god. I've switched my 4890 out back to my old 8800gtx several times just because the shadows and SSAO make the game look soo much better. Its mildly depressing.

Edit: No news about a patch or hotfix that would fix the shadow problems so for now we are sol.
 
crosses fingers for a new hotfix/new drivers as I really enjoy playing prototype as well
 
Back
Top