Why are neither of my Beta 2 or RC1 keys activating??

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
I havent actived either of them anywhere near 10 times. This is for a RC1 install

I expected them to activate up until June. But seeing as the activation serves are being greared for RTM's activation I can see it being the case that MS has discontinued new installations of pre-release Vistas. That sucsk because I have a key that I haven't touched yet.

Well i found out problem, I didnt activate right after it booted up the first time, I rebooted about 20 times after installing stuff and it must have a certain amount boots your allowed to do before it ask for activation, It would not boot but i could get into IE via the activation screen with no desktop and pre-OS load.

After looking around the net i found out you have to reinstall to fix it which i did and it activated fine now

I didn't think they killed the beta keys yet, because the Newegg promo is still going on with the free RC1 DVD. It is good to know you should activate right away. This info will save others a lot of grief. :D

BIGDADDY51 said:
I didn't think they killed the beta keys yet, because the Newegg promo is still going on with the free RC1 DVD. It is good to know you should activate right away. This info will save others a lot of grief. :D
Ya there must be limit on how many boots you can do, It may be 14 also since the dvd itself says you must activate it within 14 days and I tihnk i was right around 14 reboots or so before it would not boot up

Back