Why Android?

aljosakav

n00b
Anyone knows whats the different to have one Samsung's phone with Android and one without any OS? Why is Android better?

If your phone doesn't have an OS on it, it would be un-usable, but maybe I don't understand the question. Why Android? Cause it is one of the most powerful mobile OSes.

Samsung Monte doesn't have OS, Samsung Galaxy 3 have it (Android 2.1). So what Galaxy 3 users can do more than Mone users?

Haha It was a half hour and you're getting impatient?

Anyways, a quick google search makes it look like the Samsung Monte has the TouchWiz UI on it. I am going to assume this is Samsung's operating system. In any event, Android is open, customizable, and on a ton of phones where as the Samsung UI will only be on a few Samsung phones and probably not quite as well refined or supported.

Ok customizable..but I really don't see any things that you can't do with the Monte than you can do with the Galaxy 3 with Android 2.1. Maybe you can't add Android apps to Monte but that's all.

I guess it just depends on what you want out of your phone. You don't sound like you are very demanding (of your phone), so it would probably be fine. It looks pretty laggy and slow, but for the segment it is in, I guess its OK.

As an Android user and some might say sort of a "Fanboy" I will be as objective as I can with a simple answer. : Try things for yourself!!

I LOVED and still LOVE my Nexus One....fantastic phone in lots of ways. My new Nexus S is better in many ways except it sucks at GPS and I don't like the feel of it as much.
What I am trying to say is the experience with Android has a lot to do with the OS but the hardware is important too. Some people like one thing and some people like the other so my advice to you is try some out.
This goes for other Mobile OS's too. Maybe you like iPhone more or maybe you like WebOS more....these things are highly subjective to the user and their habits.

Do I personally get the most excited about Android and all the cool things going on with it? Sure I do but that doesn't mean you won't/can't like something else.
So for all the reasons I like Android, I won't list them since lots might not even apply to you. When it comes to consumer electronics I am a fan of trying it for yourself and seeing what you like.

Peas

The Monte is running a proprietary Samsung OS with the TouchWiz interface over it. To answer your question, Android is a much more powerful and flexible OS.

For instance, a couple months ago I used my Galaxy S Captivate (running Android 2.2) to Remote Desktop my computer at home so I could work on a Matlab project, then I printed the code and output from my phone to a local printer wirelessly.

You're not going to be doing that on a Monte.

Wait, are you seriously trying to compare the Samsung Monte feature phone to a smart phone?

According to the GSMArena review the Monte doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. That will make texting and emails fun...

i have both phones, android is far better for pepole using their phone for so many task and always like to play with it like thwy play with notebooks:)

Back