Got my venice 3000+ and an msi neo2 platinum this weekend, i really dont like 1.8ghz cause 1.8 is a bad number and its not whole. Decided it would be best to put it up to 2.0 rather then down to 1.5, except my processor will only go down but not up. I adjust the fsb which then raises my ddr speed to whatever the fsb is at, then my the overall speed falls to like 1.2ghz or something. I tried messing with the voltage but that didnt move the speed up, only allowed me to adjust the fsb higher which sent the overall lower. Went to set the HT frequency? (not sure what that is exactly) set that to 5x but that didnt help either.
I read through all the ocing facts on hardforums but none of them talk about what happens when you go down in ghz rather then up
(This is about overclocking so wasnt sure whether to put it in the amd proc area or here)
I read through all the ocing facts on hardforums but none of them talk about what happens when you go down in ghz rather then up
(This is about overclocking so wasnt sure whether to put it in the amd proc area or here)