Why am I not getting Vistas Aero effects?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a new comp with Vista Home Premium x64, for some reason Aero isn't letting me use it's effects, such as when I do and alt+tab it doesn't show me what's going on in the tab at the bottom when I hover my mouse over it.

You probably need to run the Windows Experience Index so that your computer can be "rated." I think it won't allow you to run things like that until it knows your computer can handle it (a high enough score). It can be found by right-clicking My Computer and going to Properties.

Is Aero on? If so, check the taskbar properties (right click and select properties) and make sure the bottom selection is checked (Show window previews (thumbnails)).

You probably need to run the Windows Experience Index so that your computer can be "rated." I think it won't allow you to run things like that until it knows your computer can handle it (a high enough score). It can be found by right-clicking My Computer and going to Properties.

that did it, thanks.

I forgot that step when I switched my wife's system over to Vista. She asked why her computer wasn't as pretty as mine.

You actually don't have to run the Windows Experience Index to get Aero. It's just not enabled automatically until you run Windows Experience Index, but you can still enable it manually.

Question: Vista Aero/Flip...are you supposed to hold the Alt+Tab or Start+Tab down while scrolling/using this?

Back