• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Why am I having this problem

Dapperdan

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 17, 2002
Messages
6,306
I dont know why Im getting this now. My system isnt overclocked, my setup is below and Im not sure how to fix this. I have tried multiple vid drivers to and get the same thing, using 84.43 now. Sometimes the image is more like a triangle prisim looking distortion. How can I fix this? Thanks

Foxconn 6150
XFX XFX PV-T71F-YDP9 Geforce 7900GTX 512MB
OCZ ModStream OCZ52012U ATX, BTX, SATA, P4 and EPS12V 520W Power Supply
G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3Gb/s ST3160812AS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA




these are my settings

AA: 8xS
Anisotropic: 16x
Image: High quality
V sync: on

everything else is default off

not sure if those settings are wrong THanks
 
What version of BF2? It looks like an issue with BF2 rather than with your system . . .

No corruptions/artifacts in-game?
 
Looks like the common issue with the 7900 GT/GTX. The card power regulation overheated and does not supply enough power to the memory. Try underclocking the memory and see if the issue goes away. If so, you will need to RMA. Also, with XFX, do not mention anything about Coolbits, even underclocking. They will use any excuse to void your warranty.
 
Yep... that what you get with Factory oc'd cards... it's like a chance you take.

It's a prevalent issue with BFG, eVGA and XFX. Of course you'll get people claiming "I have one of those and it works fine" sure... that's true, but like any overclock no two GPU/CPU's overclock the same.

You're going to have to either downclock or RMA the card.
 
what should I try to lower my speeds to? Right now they are 675/850 Thanks
 
Take your bf2 disc out throw it in the trash...........problem fixed. ;) jk sounds like a cooling issue, try underclocking and run a few other games to check for other corruptions
 
Back
Top