• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WHS2011 - change password for a user

[LYL]Homer

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
4,209
I've got a house sitter coming in a few hours and I'd like to give them some access to my HTPC (I've limited access to a few things) on my WHS2011 setup.

I want to change the password for user 'HTPC' to something temporary for them. I've been going into the Dashboard via RDP on another PC, Users tab, right click on that account to change the password. I change it, says it's fine, then I log the HTPC off, log back in and it only wants the old password.

Can anyone help?
 
Aw geez, I must already be on vacation. I was getting the client pc and user passwords mixed up. got it fixed.
 
Back
Top