• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

WHS won't power down

jazzman161

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
220
Hey all! Kind of an odd problem here. I have a WHS that I've had now for over a year. Not sure when this problem started cause I honestly don't ever shut down my server but on the rare occassion that I need to, my WHS will not power down.

Through the WHS console (or remotely logged in) I select "shut down". The system closes all apps and logs off and looks like it's shutting down and then just reboots. Every time.

From the event viewer the following log on shutdown:
The process winlogon.exe has initiated the power off of computer on behalf of user for the following reason: no title reason could be found.
reason code 0x80000000
shutdown type: power off

On boot-up, there's an event:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

Any ideas? Right now the server has no monitor hooked up to it. I can hook one up and troubleshoot over the weekend but wanted to see if anybody had any ideas?
 
Well I was finally able to hook up a monitor to my WHS this weekend. Seems I'm getting a BSOD after shutdown/reboot and after Windows is done dumping it just reboots. Guess I need to figure out what the BSOD means.

It's a "Driver IRQL not equal to or less than" stop error referencing a classpnp.sys file
 
Try updating your chipset drivers.
Restore System defaults in BIOS.

Try again
 
I updated the chipset drivers back in January. I'm trying to remember but that might've been the issue. Not sure how to roll back?

I'd hate to reset my BIOS as I changed some parameters to get my Supermicro SAS board to play nice with my HP expander. Guess I could just jot down all the settings and reset and see what happens.
 
Back
Top