• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WHS v1 system extremely slow

deanx0r

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
274
I have left my WHS filled all the way up with only 100GB (out of 12TB) of storage left, and it finally crashed/locked up. I then added another 2TB drive but the system is extremely slow whenever I remote desktop it.

The console takes forever to show up, and any application I start takes 1-2 minutes to boot. The task manager always shows 60-80% CPU usage from the system. File serving works fine and is plenty fast, but the server is totally unusable when I want to run other services like iTunes, air video, handbrake or downloads.

Any idea what might be wrong with the system or am I looking for reinstall?
 
Back
Top