WHS network health warning

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
"Windows Home Server Network health at Risk"

My little icon in the taskbar is yellow and when I hover the pointer over it I get the above message.

Going into the WHS console I see no indication of an problems, everything is healthy. RDC'ing into to server and checking logs reveals no problems also.

Both of my computers are showing the same indication and rebooting changes nothing.

I stumbled upon this on the web but haven't been able to find anything else -

"if you go to your WHS console, and click on health, it should indicate why there is a warning."

Problem is, there is no "health" to click on in the console. The closest thing Is the "Network Healthy" indicator tab but nothing else.

Anybody know what might be going on her?

TIA

You don't have this icon?

4242259222_e6f4d65e2b_o.png

Note mine is red because I've disabled the backup service (it's on purpose).

Rebooting the client help any? Does it happen on all clients or just one of them?

Rebooting the client help any? Does it happen on all clients or just one of them?

Nope, rebooting does nothing. It's happening on both clients so I seem to thing there is a problem with WHS. just don't know what it is. There is no indication of a problem with the server itself, it reports that all is well.

Dont worry about it...Every day I have a warning that I have added a new hard drive and it hasnt been set up properly.....Its been the same for about a year.

I just installed PP3 a day or so before this started. Wonder f that could have something to do with it?

If I recall correctly, after installing PP3, the Connector turns yellow and pops up a message about being out of date due to the upgrade. If you miss the bubble the first time, I don't think it is ever shown again.

Reinstall the connector from your WHS (\\WHS\Software) on all your machines and you should be good to go.

Just reinstalled the connector and still no joy. Guess I'll just live with it. Everything is working fine including the backups so I guess I can't complain.

Thanks

Back