WHS doesn't use system drive?

jazzman161

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
220
Hey all. Quick WHS question that I couldn't find in the FAQ.

Will WHS use the system drive to store data? I have 8 drives in my WHS build right now. 7 are 85% usage or more and the system drive (2TB WD drive) is @ 23% usage. Will WHS start using that drive to store the files I'm transferring over or do I need to look at adding more drives earlier than planned?

Thanks!
 
WHS will use the system drive as anything over 20GB is considered Data storage (unless you've done custom partitions).
 
Should I have partitioned that drive before installing the OS? Because it shows as just one drive right now.
 
It should have partitioned itself during install. Go to Disk Management on the WHS machine (not the console) and see what it looks like.
 
Back
Top