WHS 2011

bigmac11

Limp Gawd
Do any of you use WHS 2011 as your main os? I recently picked up a copy and was wondering what pitfalls I would run into using it as a main os. If its a major hassle I'll end up selling it and picking up another copy of Win 7. Since its OEM I don't want to tie it to a pc if its not going to work well.

i pmed you.

it really isnt made for desktop use. to be honest, i only access it through rdp. it is like server 2008r2 with training wheels.

i pmed you.

it really isnt made for desktop use. to be honest, i only access it through rdp. it is like server 2008r2 with training wheels.

Small Business Server is Server 2008R2 with training wheels.

WHS2011 is like a big wheel. Yea, it's awesome as hell, though. I outgrew it pretty quick in my home network.

I wouldn't really consider it anything close to a desktop OS. I'm sure you can turn it into one (Server 2008 Workstation - the guides are out there), but I've never heard of it. There are people that run Server 2008 as a desktop OS, but it's still not Win7 or really that awesome. Not sure how badly crippled WHS is compared to that, though.

Back