Whs 2011 questions

anno

Weaksauce
have a few questions / problems I find some help.

1. Loading va folders within the WHS site takes quite a long time, how can I shorten.
2. The library gives an unknown error. I did one week ago, what about eel found, but only that more with the same problem. No solution ....
3. I can not change it because the workgroup the PC indicates that the certification autority service is installed around it can I? or do I have problems when I adjust the working group.
4. Dashboard takes a really, really long time before it is loaded. Again what to do?

*translate whit google.

sorry, i have a 120mbit/10mbit cable connection and the spec's are: MSI E350IA-E45, 2x 2 tb hdd's

Why must i run memtest? All there other stuff on the pc is running fine?

Have you tested your HDDs? They may be the reason stuff is loading slow. Either that or not enough RAM or CPU power. I have WHS2011 running on a D525 with 4 GB of RAM. It runs good on there. It's not super snappy, but I find no delays or slow downs.

Why must i run memtest? All there other stuff on the pc is running fine?

Well, maybe the translation supplied is to blame, but your issues are somewhat confusing. Bad memory can cause the type of errors you are reporting, and it's a free and easy test. Power supply is another one that can cause generic, non-specific problems. I could be a dick and tell you to check your hardware against the WHS 2011 hardware compatibility list, and throw-out everything not on the list. I'm just telling you if I had some non-specific errors without an apparent cause, I would check the memory and power supply.

Oke, i will run the test. The speed of the hdds are average.

my problems are that the dashboard is loading a really long time. And that the medialibrary in the remote website gives a unknown error. And that i can't change my workgroup.

I have 4 gb ram in the whs. When I try to open the dashboard, the cpu is about 60% at work. So the cpu must have plenty of power. About the powesupply, and it is 300 watt.

User/home: how do you do that!? What for hdds are you using than?

Translate, myself :p

Update: running memtest at the moment. I have also tested the hdd and it has a read speed of about 100 MB/s.

Last edited:
Is WHS dashboard pretty resource intensive? I just bought the software and will be installing it myself on a AMD Athlon 64 2650e / 1.6 GHz 15w cpu, you got me worried that it will take days to do anything on it. That e-350 should have more than enough power and 4gb of ram should be plenty.

Just to shoot this out there, but do you have it fully updated, perhaps your missing a key driver for that AMD platform or a key update from microsoft? AMD does have its own updated AHCI drivers for the brazos platform that need to be installed with Windows 7 in order to get full functionality, perhaps WHS 2011 is the same. Once I get mine in the mail and up and running, I'll report how its going for me, your processor is twice as powerful as mine and 4 years newer.

The dashboard is a little slow to load on my WHS. Once it's loaded its's fine. Then again I don't keep mine open, I just RDP into the server and do what I need to from there.

My windows is 200%:p uptodate. I will look into the amd driver, i am not sure about that.

i use RDP to, only i want to know if there is something to do about the loading time of the dashboard. Why has it a long loading time??...

Update: No improvement. Install the amd drivers and have looked for more options from the website, no success.

Last edited:
Back