- Joined
- Sep 6, 2007
- Messages
- 11,610
So, I haven't been keeping up with this issue for a few months now, and I'm trying to catch up, but not really getting any real answers.
Now that WHS 2011 has been released and in the wild for a little while, where do we stand with the three third-party apps that are supposed to deliver Drive Extender like functionality?
The reason I ask is, I'm finally ready to build a new server at home, and I'm debating on several options with hardware and software. I currently run an HP EX490 and I'm not sure it would run WHS 2011, although it is x64 compatible. I bought a RAID card and can build my own server, but that will be larger and noisier than my current HP box.
So, if any of the three plug-ins are final....how well do they work and what do they cost?
Now that WHS 2011 has been released and in the wild for a little while, where do we stand with the three third-party apps that are supposed to deliver Drive Extender like functionality?
The reason I ask is, I'm finally ready to build a new server at home, and I'm debating on several options with hardware and software. I currently run an HP EX490 and I'm not sure it would run WHS 2011, although it is x64 compatible. I bought a RAID card and can build my own server, but that will be larger and noisier than my current HP box.
So, if any of the three plug-ins are final....how well do they work and what do they cost?