WHS 2011 Active Directory Certificate Services not running

titan97

Gawd
I'm running WHS 2011 and recently an error has come up. I can't connect the Dashboard from any client PCs, but I can RDP into the machine and start the Dashboard without any issue. The error says Active Directory Certificate Services is not running. Trying to start the service gives me an error with service-specific error code 939522880.

Checking the Event Viewer I see several errors:

Code:
Windows Logs - App - Error - ADCS did not start.  Unable to initialize the database connection for SERVER-CA.  Error 0xc80004c0 (ESE: -1212) Event ID 17
Code:
certsrv.exe (6872) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -1216.Event ID 454
Code:
certsrv.exe (6872) Database recovery failed with error -1216 because it encountered references to a database "C:\Windows\system32\CertLog\SERVER-CA.edb", is no longer present. Event ID 494

I've got a curious 1yo toddler that likes to press the power button my my server case, and I think that is what caused this issue.

I've searched through Google and tried several things, but nothing seems to fix my issue. The edb file is in the right location, according to the registry, C:\Windows\System32\CertLog\.

Running "esentutl /r server-ca.edb" returns a error -1003 (JET_errInvalidParameter, Invalid API Parameter). Running "esentutl /g server-ca.edb" checks out as ok.

Any thoughts?

Back