• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Whose computer is running the hottest?

geckoman

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 9, 2003
Messages
325
61856220-L.jpg


waiting for a meltdown
 
hmmm 192F... that means absolutely nothing to me... i need *C. i it looks hot cause of the little flame beside it though :)
 
For all the undergrads:

C = F - 32 * .57

I will just put it in my sig so peeps will stop crying
 
cyks said:
For all the undergrads:
C = F - 32 * .57
I will just put it in my sig so peeps will stop crying
undergrads? just because here in canada we use the RIGHT system and dont even learn your gayass one... :)
 
cyks said:
For all the undergrads:

C = F - 32 * .57

I will just put it in my sig so peeps will stop crying

Over sized sig :)
 
All this crying about C vs F ... jeeeez. I have my monitors reporting to me in F, because C means nothing to me. I don't know if 100 C is hot or room temp... I'm in America, where we use Farenheit.
 
geckoman said:
All this crying about C vs F ... jeeeez. I have my monitors reporting to me in F, because C means nothing to me. I don't know if 100 C is hot or room temp... I'm in America, where we use Farenheit.
the general american public uses F. but engineers, doctors, enthusiasts uses C or metrics. i guess we americans are special :D
 
Sig line is limited to 10 lines total

cyks said:
Aspire X-navigator
Enermax EG701AX-VE(W) Noisetaker
ASUS A8N32-SLI Dexluxe
AMD X2 4200
(2x) 7800GT
1 GB Corsair XLL XMS
Creative X-Fi Music

"Basicly you got choclete milk in a while milk container with chocate milk labels stuck on it, you still got chocate milk, it was just in a white milk container because the factory ran out of offical chocate milk containers." --Chilly on ATI

"Its quite obvious if you don't buy the PC version you support terrorism."--dersoldat on Oblivion

!!!!! C = F - 32 * .57 !!!!!! OMG that was hard

14 lines.

linjy2 said:
Asus A8N-E Rev. 2
AMD 64 3200+ Venice w/ Zalman 7700 AlCu @ 270 x 9.5 = 2565 just began, hope to push 2.7
ATI x700 Pro w/ Zalman ZM80D-HP
G.Skill 2 x 1GB PC4000 3-4-4-8 2.65V
Kingston Hyper X PC 3200 512 Mb (Hynix D43) retired
Kingston Hyper X PC 3200 512 Mb (Samsung TCCC) retired
36GB WD Raptor / 320GB WD Sata / 120GB WD IDE / 120GB Seagate IDE
ATI HDTV Wonder
Audigy 2 ZS gamer
Antec P180 Case w/ 5 120mm case fans
Antec Truepower II 380watt
Klipsch Promedia 5.1

12 lines.


On topic: That's 88 degrees Celcius.

Do you have the heatsink seated properly? That can't be good.
 
didnt know about the sig, but yeah...in his other thread he had the thermal probe squashed inbetween the heatsink and ihs.
 
my friends ati x800xl was hitting 106-110c(222-230f) while he played BF2...lets just say i used half a container of canned air and now it only hits 70-74c(158-165f) while he is playing
 
geckoman said:
waiting for a meltdown

I dont know if speedfan is all that accurate. It was definatley accurate on my waffle iron (Celery-on 600Mhz toshiba laptop). That damn thing probably made me sterile from its high temps. On some computers, the temps are off the wall, and on some its right where it should be.

On my pc right now I have:

temp1 77F
temp2 97F
temp3 158F
temp4 34F

id say its about 80ish inside my cabinent, the computer is in there with the doors shut and no air blowing through the cabinent (quite toasty in there). 2 temps listed there are inaccurate for sure.
 
geckoman said:
All this crying about C vs F ... jeeeez. I have my monitors reporting to me in F, because C means nothing to me. I don't know if 100 C is hot or room temp... I'm in America, where we use Farenheit.


actually, in america, as in the rest of the world, we use celcius for hardware temperatures. The only place farenheit is still used is in general weather and cooking. Period.
 
JDAdams said:
You know, Google has a built-in unit convertor - just Google "261f in c"
damn, thats a helluva lot easier.

thanks JDAdams!
 
linjy2 said:
do people still use rankine? i use kelvin daily though for school.
Not sure. If my memory serves, Rankine was initally developed for steam engines.
Additionally, Rankine is the Fahrenheit equivalent of Kelvin, both of which start at absolute Zero.
So good chance those who used it changed over to Kelvin along with Celsius.
 
Celcius makes more sense, water freezes at anything below 0c.

Actually not always, neat trick, cool a bottle of sparkling water to about -4c. It will stay liquid, open the bottle and it'll freeze in front of you...

/off topic

Errr, my computer is at 52c, is that hot for an AMD XP2500?
 
Ashaman42 said:
>>>>>>
Errr, my computer is at 52c, is that hot for an AMD XP2500?
Is that idle or full load? Even if full load that is a bit hot for a non-overclocked 2500+.

Ashaman42 said:
It will stay liquid, open the bottle and it'll freeze in front of you...
Works with beer too. :D
 
Susquehannock
>>>>>>>>>>
Is that idle or full load?

That's at full load, but then I'm always at full folding for team 33.
I'm running the thermal pad that came on the heatsink, that may be going bad, temps have been higher the past six months or so.

Of course this is assuming that speedfan is telling me the truth.
 
Ashaman42 said:
That's at full load, but then I'm always at full folding for team 33.
I'm running the thermal pad that came on the heatsink, that may be going bad, temps have been higher the past six months or so.

Of course this is assuming that speedfan is telling me the truth.
That's not too awfully bad if running the stock heatsink with thermal pad. I know folding can
really bring up the temps. You could probably drop that by 10C with a Thermalright SI-97A,
a good 92mm fan, and premium paste like Shin Etsu.

Rising temps? Have you checked the heatsink for dust lately? Dust can be a great insulator.
 
I'll give it a dust tomorrow.

Still I think I will look at getting a better heatsink, I'm not running the stock one as my cpu was oem but it was the cheapest one I could get,
didn't really know what I was doing back then :)
 
Ashaman42 said:
Actually not always, neat trick, cool a bottle of sparkling water to about -4c. It will stay liquid, open the bottle and it'll freeze in front of you...

Always when you're talking about 1atmosphere of pressure... :p
 
True, pressure makes a difference, but not just that. Having something dissolved in the water can change it's freezing temp. CO2 in this case.

Hell get enough pressure on it and you can turn water solid at some quite high temps too. I would give some numbers but I'm sure you can use google as well as me and it's 2am here so meh. :)
 
Back
Top