Who's picking up dragon age today?

IndyJoe

2[H]4U
I am excited to pick this up this afternoon. It has some pretty good reviews so far. I am getting it for the 360. I had too for the Mass Effect 2 bonus.

I have it pre-ordered on Steam...although the PC gamers will hate me for playing it with a gamepad :)

I just don't sit at my PC and play anymore. I keep telling myself I will, but all the unfinished games tell me otherwise.

I used to hate sitting at a desk playing PC games, so a few years ago I just started hooking mine up to the TV. All you really need is a video card with an HDMI-out or a DVI to HDMI adapter. For sound, a multi-out will handle anything you throw at it.
Now I can play PC games sitting on my couch. A try table for your KB/M will work, although whenever something (other than an FPS) has gamepad support I tend to go for it.

PS3 version is releasing tomorrow on GameFly. Hopefully I'll get it :D

I pre-ordered the collectors edition for the PS3, cant wait for it, cant get it till after work though =[

I preordered the collectors edition on 360. I called Gamecrazy last night to ask if they'd have it today or the tomorrow (some games say tuesday but don't get to the store until wed). They said the get all the major games early but they didn't get a single shipment for Dragon Age Origins at all and that it was very strange. :/

Got my notification from Gamestop last night that I can pick my pre-order up this PM... Looks like I might be taking off a bit early from work!

I got the digital preload on Steam this morning.

I'm getting the 360 version after I do a run through on the PC version.

Gah I just put up my Deluxe Edition copy of Demon's Souls on ebay. Hopefully I'll get at least one bid today so that I can go out and buy DA:O after work!

I'll be getting it as soon as I can- preordered from GameStop because they're on my way home and close to work.

Gamefly shipped me a copy for X360. I'm looking forward to playing it in the next day or so.

360 Collector's Edition. I could have bought the PC version, but I'm going to wind up getting ME2 for the 360, and I wanted the extra costume. YOU WIN, EA! But, I also like gaming in front of the TV, which is not really an option with my current PC setup.

From what I'm hearing, the PS3 version has better visuals, but the 360 version has a more stable frame rate. That's pretty much what I would expect, given the two platforms' histories and programming characteristics.

My copy should be coming today, so... yay!

I have it pre-ordered on Steam...although the PC gamers will hate me for playing it with a gamepad :)

lol

I predict that you end up switching back to the kbm after a few hours of play. :p

I was pretty excited about this game, but have too many games in my backlog to finish. It would just be another $50/$60 game that sits on my shelf.

Plus, I feel like I need a video card upgrade to my sig rig before I can fully enjoy this game.

I was excited, but Borderlands is eating up all my time. Maybe someday I'll pick this up.

If you can get it on the pc get it on the pc.. much better experience, more enemies at one screen than the console version and way better graphics.........but if you can't... I'd get the ps3 version its cleaner than the 360 version as far as graphics.

grabbed a copy during lunch. too tired to bother playing tonight, been one long day at work. QQ

Hmmm...so much for my plan. You CAN'T use a pad on the PC version.
While it claims the game has achievements, they aren't for XBL or even Steam. They're just some kind of in-game achievements.
I wish there were some way to boost the fonts, too. Having to lower the resolution to make fonts readable FTL.

I got the CE edition. To bad I can't play it until I get to work... my wife wouldn't let me play it. She wanted to watch TV together. :/

It took me like four hours into the game to realize I was probably still playing the "background intro" parts.

That's pretty impressive!

I've got the 360 version and I spent the first hour of "game time" by DLing all of the free DLC that came with my preorder, not to mention buying the Warden's Keep DLC.

Well worth it once I started playing!

I've got the 360 version and I spent the first hour of "game time" by DLing all of the free DLC that came with my preorder, not to mention buying the Warden's Keep DLC.
Yeah, I thought that was a pain, too... the concept of cross-platform DLC is cool, but I'm not sure the execution was great.

wow 360 version got dissed by gamestop. PS3 a 9.0 360 an 8.5 due to disappointing graphics on the 360.

"On the flip side, the Xbox 360 version looks positively disappointing. Textures are highly compressed and colors are washed out. The PlayStation 3 version features higher-quality textures than those on the Xbox 360, better color saturation, smoother facial animations, and shorter load times."

That aside tho looks like a successful game on the console. I already ahve the PC version, mainly for toolset access, but probably will grab the PS3 ver too now.

So how does it play on the 360? I didn't get a chance to play it yesterday.

wow 360 version got dissed by gamestop. PS3 a 9.0 360 an 8.5 due to disappointing graphics on the 360.

"On the flip side, the Xbox 360 version looks positively disappointing. Textures are highly compressed and colors are washed out. The PlayStation 3 version features higher-quality textures than those on the Xbox 360, better color saturation, smoother facial animations, and shorter load times."

That aside tho looks like a successful game on the console. I already ahve the PC version, mainly for toolset access, but probably will grab the PS3 ver too now.

Damn, now I wish I had rented the PS3 version. I'll see how the 360 version looks, and if its so bad, I'll send it back and get the ps3 version.

I have the CE for the PS3, love it so far, only played a little, I plan on picking up the PC version as well, my work has an extra copy sitting around, so im gonna pick it up too.

Just got home from work and Dragon Age was waiting on me from Gamefly. Sweet, time to pop this baby in.

Back