Who's getting Bayonetta today?

got around to playing the demo on my PS3 last night, exactly the kind of game i like to play on a console. lots of fun fast paced action.
and the sonic rings make me want to look for a hedgehog running around.

I would love to get this and Darkriders but I have so many games on my plate that I think waiting to buy them at a lower price should not be a problem. Those that pick it up please post your impressions :).

Got Bayonetta at Toys R Us; almost got Darksiders along with it for the $40 gift card, but I'll just wait for that one to hit the bargain bin in a few months, if I still feel like getting it.

got around to playing the demo on my PS3 last night, exactly the kind of game i like to play on a console. lots of fun fast paced action.
and the sonic rings make me want to look for a hedgehog running around.

Yeah people are saying it's Halo's but they look like Sonic rings to me.

Supposably the game has a lot of Sega "bits" scattered throughout the game. The sonic rings is one of them.

If you notice, a lot of Bayonetta's little dances look like Ulala from Space Channel 5. That's what I thought, anyway...

I'll wait until it comes down in price a bit. When I can pick it up for $30-40 on Ebay, that's when I make my move.

Picked it up on amazon; between a gift cert, promo credit, and Prime I ended up paying $13 shipped. So far it's amazingly fun, even though I'm only a hour in I can tell I probably won't mind replaying this one at least a few times.

Is this one still gimped on PS3?

Yeah it is, I've got the 360 version and there's still screen tearring and some slowdown hear and there but it's supposed to be much worse on the PS3.and Sega have already said they were to blame for the shit port on the PS3.

Saying that, this game is fucking amazing, I love the God of war style games and this is up there with them and this game is from Hideki Kamiya, (Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami) and I would say without a doubt it's 10 times better than any DMC game or Ninja Gaiden.

The combat is awesome and you have a shit load of weapons not just the pistol hand/feet guns. And you have 2 different weapons sets you can customize that you can switch on the fly, My first set is Ninja sword & steel claws on my feet and my second is shotguns on my feet and a whip thats a cobra, yeah a freakin' pink cobra:D

And don't even get me started on the bosses, the 4th level boss is bigger and better than 90% of your end game bosses and each one is about a hundred stories high.

Yeah it is, I've got the 360 version and there's still screen tearring and some slowdown hear and there but it's supposed to be much worse on the PS3.and Sega have already said they were to blame for the shit port on the PS3.

Saying that, this game is fucking amazing, I love the God of war style games and this is up there with them and this game is from Hideki Kamiya, (Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami) and I would say without a doubt it's 10 times better than any DMC game or Ninja Gaiden.

The combat is awesome and you have a shit load of weapons not just the pistol hand/feet guns. And you have 2 different weapons sets you can customize that you can switch on the fly, My first set is Ninja sword & steel claws on my feet and my second is shotguns on my feet and a whip thats a cobra, yeah a freakin' pink cobra:D

And don't even get me started on the bosses, the 4th level boss is bigger and better than 90% of your end game bosses and each one is about a hundred stories high.

So much for Sony stepping in to "fix it" before the US launch of the game, eh? Still, game sounds fun. I'll be snagging the 360 version when I eventually buy it :)

I played the 360 demo last night. I didn't care for the camera, but it was amusing. It seems like a crazier version of Devil May Cry, although maybe a little more of a mash fest. Sometimes there's so much going on that I had a tough time even telling what to dodge, hit, shoot, etc.
I'll grab it eventually but I'm in no hurry. I figure it'll probably be $30'ish by the summer.

I gotta admit, your little stabs are amusing. :D

LOL. Hey, to be fair, most reviews say Dragon Age is better on PS3 by a bit, so it's not like they don't have a bit of "tit for tat" between the two systems. Somebody (I forget who) was recently saying here how Sony was going to fix the game for the US release, but I never really thought they would. Seems, from reviews, that they didn't.

Not sure if there is any load time issue with the xbox version.. But man the ps3 loading time is awful. I pass out waiting for the game done loading last night. And this is like after done passing thru the falling clock tower in the beginning of the game.

Not sure if there is any load time issue with the xbox version.. But man the ps3 loading time is awful. I pass out waiting for the game done loading last night. And this is like after done passing thru the falling clock tower in the beginning of the game.

So far that's been my experience with every single PS3 game I've played: horrible load times. On the bright side, I can use that time to make a fresh cup of coffee or a snack :D.

I rented the PS3 version this morning and have been playing it non-stop. Yes, there's some screen tearing and it does have a lot of load times (though most are 30 seconds or under) but the game is a hell of a lot of fun to play. Will certainly be picking this one up for my PS3, especially if they release the rumored fix for it.

I installed it to my hard drive so it's probably not a fair comparison, but load times were very short for me. I'll play it off the disc and see how it goes later tonight.

I played the 360 demo last night. I didn't care for the camera, but it was amusing. It seems like a crazier version of Devil May Cry, although maybe a little more of a mash fest. Sometimes there's so much going on that I had a tough time even telling what to dodge, hit, shoot, etc.
I'll grab it eventually but I'm in no hurry. I figure it'll probably be $30'ish by the summer.

That's exactly what I thought of the demo, they throw too much at u at once and you lose track of your player and what he's doing but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the purchase and I'm glad I did.

Here's a video of the 4th boss I mentioned earlier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wt53xWhwlU

LOL. Hey, to be fair, most reviews say Dragon Age is better on PS3 by a bit, so it's not like they don't have a bit of "tit for tat" between the two systems. Somebody (I forget who) was recently saying here how Sony was going to fix the game for the US release, but I never really thought they would. Seems, from reviews, that they didn't.

Yeah it was me that said it, supposedly Sony sent several of their people to Sega to fix the problems before the US release but if they did "fix" it I would hate like hell to have seen it before that.

Any chance they can patch the problems with the ps3 version? Or do I need to get a 360, I needed an excuse to get one anyways but still...

Yeah it was me that said it, supposedly Sony sent several of their people to Sega to fix the problems before the US release but if they did "fix" it I would hate like hell to have seen it before that.

I'd have to agree with you, sir :). I can't exactly blame them for not doing much, though, as it would set an AWFUL precedent for developers. "Go ahead and slack on the PS3 version, we'll fix it for you!"

Yeah, I don't think Sony wants to go down that road :D

Any chance they can patch the problems with the ps3 version? Or do I need to get a 360, I needed an excuse to get one anyways but still...

Could they? Certainly. Will they? Doubtful. Might as well snag a 360 and have the best of both worlds. Both systems are WELL worth the price of entry at this stage of the game :)

Played the demo on the 360 meh I don't care for the character design.
What female poofs out their chest that much?
Looks like she's trying to back flip while walking and seriously way to long legs
I'll wait for it to hit the bargin bin next year or buy a cheap used copy

oh and the 360 is far better than the PS3 :p

Last edited:
Looking to pick this up for 360. Any deals for it? Amazon has it for $56.99 right now.

Been playing the PS3 version since Japanese launch. It's pretty good. Sure it's not as good as the X360 version (played the demo of it) but it gets the job done.

That's exactly what I thought of the demo, they throw too much at u at once and you lose track of your player and what he's doing but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the purchase and I'm glad I did.
]

I tried the demo - I thought maybe my old SDTV just doesn't cut it these days or something, because I had a hell of a hard time distinguishing what was going on in the game. Just outrageous frenetic action, which I guess is a good thing, but I'd need more time to really make a determination.

Played the demo on the 360 meh I don't care for the character design.
What female poofs out their chest that much?
Looks like she's trying to back flip while walking and seriously way to long legs
I'll wait for it to hit the bargin ben next year or buy a cheap used copy

oh and the 360 is far better than the PS3 :p

That is definitely the weirdest reason I ever heard for not liking a game.

I installed it to my hard drive so it's probably not a fair comparison, but load times were very short for me. I'll play it off the disc and see how it goes later tonight.

How did u install it to the HD on the PS3? I did not see that option anywhere. These loading on everything is annoying and turning me off.

How did u install it to the HD on the PS3? I did not see that option anywhere. These loading on everything is annoying and turning me off.

Sorry for the confusion, but I was referring to the 360 version. Shame they didn't allow install to hd for the PS3 version, it sounds like it would help with the annoying loads on that platform. (Granted, loading files into the HD doesn't seem to make as much of a difference on the PS3 as doing so on the 360 with the games that I have come across....)

Discussion of the game's protagonist is fine, but it needs to stay on-topic. Links to youtube of random flexible women, while interesting, is not.

Discussion of the game's protagonist is fine, but it needs to stay on-topic. Links to youtube of random flexible women, while interesting, is not.

Do you ever get bored in this job? Personally, I find it difficult to summon enough "give a shit" to bother policing people's opinions on tangentially related nonsense :). Admittedly, a lot of [H] members are actually [L] (yes, Limp) and might be offended, but then...well, fuck 'em :)

That said, Bayonetta seems to be getting reviewed pretty well, at least in its 360 incarnation :D

So because a game about a witch that fights angels from heaven doesn't represent women in a realistic manner, you don't think it's worth $60.

How about you stop threadshitting so people can actually talk about the game?

So because a game about a witch that fights angels from heaven doesn't represent women in a realistic manner, you don't think it's worth $60.

How about you stop threadshitting so people can actually talk about the game?

No my point was how fanboyism has become the norm in too much gaming.
Games are all about flashing fanservice rather than mental exercises.

I think gaming today is becoming a lot more dumbed down.
Too easy button mashing tits flashing bs and how lonely fanboys or simple minded doods just eat it all up to stare at unrealistic ass on the screen
There are so many games that are basicly the same just different names. :rolleyes:

The Nintendo/Sega age is dead

As I stated I'm not wasting my money on it.
So no I am not buying it.

Bayonetta is not a button masher trust me, if you walk into a fight and not parry and use the right combo on your enemies you will die often, like within the first 30 minutes of the game and that's the easier enemies you face in the beginning.

I would say without a doubt it's 10 times better than any DMC game or Ninja Gaiden.

Bayonetta could have learned a few things from Devil May Cry 3, but overall it plays a nice counterpart. I'm very happy to have this game.

Last edited:
Back