Who's Getting A 900D?

Xantac

n00b
I got one myself ordered from amazon, looking like its going to be May. Anyone get lucky and get one of the 10 yesterday?

I got one myself ordered from amazon, looking like its going to be May. Anyone get lucky and get one of the 10 yesterday?

My order is pending.They were out of stock in literally 2 minutes. My brother was going to order too but something happened with his bank card. When I got the email I was literally at my computer.

My 200R is sufficient. With the money I save by not buying a 900D I can upgrade my board and CPU and start piecing together a water cooling loop.

My 500R does the job quite nicely for me. I don't think i can handle anything bigger than this.

Hi All
When I was getting my parts together for my current build I thought about it but went with the HAF 942X as the 900D wasn't available. As was already mentioned, I don't understand the reasoning behind announcing a product months in advance. No worries though, the HAFX is a fantastic case

Hi All
When I was getting my parts together for my current build I thought about it but went with the HAF 942X as the 900D wasn't available. As was already mentioned, I don't understand the reasoning behind announcing a product months in advance. No worries though, the HAFX is a fantastic case

Yeah im kinda of getting to that point. I never understood announcing something and then waiting months to release it.

It's called having a public relations or marketing department that is paid to create a plan. The plan dictates review scheduling and release dates worldwide in different territories.

It's called having a public relations or marketing department that is paid to create a plan. The plan dictates review scheduling and release dates worldwide in different territories.

To be fair the original plan was for us to ship in February but for a variety of reasons we've run into delays. If we knew it wasn't going to ship in quantities until April then we wouldn't have announced at CES.

guys, is there any info about when there will be ample quantities available? By that I mean enough that I don't have to quit my job and sit in front of the computer to get one.

To be fair the original plan was for us to ship in February but for a variety of reasons we've run into delays. If we knew it wasn't going to ship in quantities until April then we wouldn't have announced at CES.
Interesting insight. Hope the next project you guys undertake encounters fewer issues. :)

Interesting insight. Hope the next project you guys undertake encounters fewer issues. :)

I think everybody agrees with you there.

The 900D is insanely complex, and due to its size and weight, and flagship product status, a surprising amount of the delays have gone into drop testing and shipping durability. Some other case guys might have shipped it already and just said "Yeah, we know 5% will arrive damaged, we'll work it out" but we've spent the last month do a lot of different packaging changes to ensure each one arrives in pristine condition.

Our packaging engineers have been burning the midnight oil.

The 900D is insanely complex, and due to its size and weight, and flagship product status, a surprising amount of the delays have gone into drop testing and shipping durability. Some other case guys might have shipped it already and just said "Yeah, we know 5% will arrive damaged, we'll work it out" but we've spent the last month do a lot of different packaging changes to ensure each one arrives in pristine condition.

LOL i see you catching ALOT of crap with the first damage case.

Packaging being awesome is nearly as important as the product being awesome. Opening up a box to a new computer case could be as awesome as opening up a new tablet or phone. Just gotta start that design process early enough, which is difficult to do if the dimensions and weight of the product isn't set in stone.

I know this probably sounds real dumb to the guys who've been getting no sleep, but I'm kinda envious of everyone at Corsair working on cases. Stopped by the PAX East booth you guys had and was disappointed when you weren't there, Red (actually I was there as an Enforcer managing a line for the TSM signing, which was crazy). I wanted to talk about cases (specifically small ones, like the NCASE M1), but all the dudes there were deep into the accessories/peripherals side of the business.

Maybe you'll come on up for PAX Prime? It's four days long this year... ;)

Not me. I could never make use of all of that space :D

plus i can't justify another case purchase... ever.... unless its like a mint condition dangerden.

I plan on getting one from my local Microcenter since they supposedly will get them before Amazon. I wonder if they will be in stock at local stores or just sold through the online store hmmm.

ME, as I put a scratch in my 6 month old 800d and also broke one of the plastic dvd sliders, ok I got a replacement from corsair but I cant get the fucking thing on and it will probably break in the process if I try any harder.

The scratch is inside the case beside the broken slider, roughly 1-2cm long and I am anal about stuff like that even though you cant see it unless you open the case, hence the reason I will be buying a 900d as soon as Scan.co.uk has them.

Redbeard, do you know if their is any special way of putting on the tool less dvd drive plastic sliders ? as I just cant seem to get it on, so I think corsair should give me a new case, 4 nvidia titans a new cpu and 128 gig of ram, h100 and 10 ssd's as compensation since my case is still under warranty :)

Fail in that, I will settle for instructions on how to get the slider back on without breaking the 4 tiny plastic clips on the inside of it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found there is a degree called package engineering :eek:

After I watched the video it's hard not to fall seriously hard for this case. I had a love/hate relationship with my 800D like all of my giant cases but I think this one finally nails down most everything I'm looking for. I thought I had it as good as it got with the Fractal Define XL but this should beat it hands down.

Definitely going to get this, just not right away. I already have a few computer projects I'm working on but I would love to build something sick with this case.

Back