Whos' Better EVGA XFX or BFG

cabanaboy38

Limp Gawd
I'm in the market for a new video card (either 6800 or 7800) and I was wondering if I could get some advice on a manufacturer. I like my BFG 7800 but I'm building a computer for a friend and he would like some other opinions.
Thanks in advance

My friends' BFG 7800GTX OC seems very nice.

The blue light is completely useless in his enclosed case. Hah.

evga has the best warranty, let u remove stock hsf w/o voiding it ;)

evga also lets you overclock and flash the bios without voiding. xfx and bfg don't

Zinn said:
evga also lets you overclock and flash the bios without voiding. xfx and bfg don't

This is almost a mantra for me: If, by some weird coincidence, your BFG has a fan failure three years later when you're going to toss it to your (fill in the friend or relative here) then you just call'em up and go "my fan doesn't work". Couple of days later, problem solved.

That's a warranty.

They're not the fastest anymore, but their customer support / warranty still rocks.

eVGA is two years with registration I believe, XFX I do not know off-hand.

BFG might have lifetime warranty, but that doesn't mean you'll get a refurb that actually works....I got 7 in a row dead after 2 days, then got an EVGA and it's been rock solid for the past month I've had it

EDIT: and that's a 6800gt I'm reffering to

Inglix_the_Mad said:
eVGA is two years with registration I believe, XFX I do not know off-hand.

im sure evga and bfg are both lifetime...as for xfx, they may be lifetime but i've heard their customer service wasnt taht great though it has been getting better this past year

BFG gets my vote for the time being. I have had nothing but great experiences with them.

i say eVGA because of the step-up option but that may not matter to you. All of them will make a defective card now and then, but chances are you wont have a problem no matter who you pick. what counts the most is cs and how they handle your RMA, aside from some mishaps with all 3, it shouldnt be too bad and you will get a working card from all of them.

i have have great cards from all brands, even PNY. the only card that ever had any problems was my GF3 from visiontek and all that happened was the fan died after almost 5 years of constant use.

Well here's what I know......BFG: 6800GT, 6800Ultra,three 7800 GTX 256......all are rock solid and Ive never had any problems at all. My 6800s are pushing 2 years of [H]ard use and are exceptional performers.
eVGA: 6600GT a very nice card, over a year of use and no problems.

(I have three kids who love to game)

Both eVGA and BFG have excellent customer service, Ive used both. Ive never had to RMA to either company. Both have "lifetime"warranties.
eVGA does have the step-up program....register your card and if a newer card comes out within three months, you can trade your card in and just pay the difference in price.

Good luck.

cabanaboy38 said:
I'm in the market for a new video card (either 6800 or 7800) and I was wondering if I could get some advice on a manufacturer. I like my BFG 7800 but I'm building a computer for a friend and he would like some other opinions.
Thanks in advance
depends on your region of the world for Australia XFX is cheapest of the 3, BFG is best warranty and service and eVGA most expensive brand in OZ their 7800GT price is close to XFX's 7800GTX price

i like my BFG 7800GTX stock heatsink air

3dmark06 = 5,321
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=39435

I currently have a bfg and paid a little premium for their warranty, but if I were to buy a video card today I would go evga due to their change the cooler policy.

They all suck because they can't produce the cards they let you pre-order.

I'm running XFX 7800GTXs in SLi and aside from electronic noise they're great. I also think XFX allows aftermarket coolers.

I currently own a BFG 7800GT and its been running great. As of late I've been hearing great things about eVGA so I figured why not give them a try. I ordered a second 7800GT a few hours ago from the EGG so I will be enjoying the best of both worlds and fruits of SLI. :p

Back