• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Who's all going SLI with socket 754?

MapleSyrupMods

Bring on Titan X Volta
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
1,224
So apon reading MSI's website, I see that they made a SLI board for us 754 socket people. (Contrary to what most people said that they wouldnt). Who plans on going with that route? Or if you have already, what are the results.
 
I'm not really seeing the advantage of it personally....I mean I have socekt 754 now so I'm not saying it's teh suck, but SLI is already CPU bound, but without the dual-channel memory that's not helping much....and you probably already have an AGP card which can't be SLI'd so you have to sell that anyway....and if not you still have to buy one or two PCI-E cards.....just seems to make more sense to just rebuild. But it's not at terrible idea, just doesn't add up too much imo.


http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo3-F&class=mb

If that's what you were looking at, that isn't SLI at all, that's just PCI-E compatible....which makes more sense than an SLI board would.
 
really? I thought that all pci-e boards were sli equipped, or is that just an advanced option that you can get with some boards? Also, I was hoping that more people would respond to this but oh well. Yea, I would end up getting a new card, and It would benefit in the sence that you would have a pci-e card ready to go with your next system that you buy. Also why does it have 2 pci-e slots for it then?
 
To have SLI you have to have two PCI-E 16x slots....hense the two cards. Also, there are two different chipsets.....the NForce4 Ultra and NForce4 SLI....you can figure which goes to which ;)
 
oic, so I guess there only going to have sli boards with the dual channel ram boards and socket 939.
 
Back
Top