Whooohoo... VMWare training!!

farscapesg1

2[H]4U
Backstory is that the company I work for set me and my co-workers up to get VMWare training three years ago. Unfortunately, the "great thinkers" in our company went with a 3rd-party training that didn't qualify for the hours needed to take the VCP :rolleyes: So, while we've been using it for the last 3 years, they've refused to pay for an "official course" to qualify to sit for the exam.

Fast forward to this year and they finally decided to hold another round of training, this time certified! Not only that, but since I already took the first class I've been scheduled for the VMWare vSphere: Troubleshooting course :)

Sorta feel bad because out of the 4 of us in the group, only two get to go. The new guy because he doesn't have any VMWare experience (going to the Install/Configure/Manage class) and myself.

Super excieted to finally getting my VCP (as long as I don't choke on the test)!!!

Nice! And I think in the end you came out better for it since you get to take the Troubleshooting class.

The test is pretty tough (lots of rout memorization, not something that comes naturally to me), but the VMWare training I've taken has always been really good.

If you don't pass the first time, no worries, you can take it again (I think in a week).

Yeah, I'm a little worried about the test. I'm really bad at taking tests. In college I always got good grades on my homework and lab work, but tests always brought my average grades down because I would choke.

I talked my managers into purchasing a bunch of VMWare books to provide some extra info to help us prepare (Mastering VSphere 4, VMWare Cookbook, and the HA/DRS deepdive books).

If there are any additional book recommendations, let me know...

You may consider doing the Design course if you can. Someone loaned me the books from it and it appears to be a decent class. Set you up for the DCD..though the Troubleshooting probably helps on the DCA...

Back