[WhoaWThello] Silverstone Raven Caseout nxt month

lowteckh

Supreme [H]ardness
Concept -> Production, something rarely seen in automobileland.
I think it's fucking genius. No more need to more fans up top if a dual slot GPU is used. Looks like a F117

No, you're seeing it right and the image isn't flipped.
rv01insidebigqf1.jpg

More info and shots
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16375
http://www.techpowerup.com/index.php?76908

Interesting design & look. :cool:

Too bad there's now way I could fit it in my PC compartment under my desk... :(

Very interesting....who woulda thunk to put the IO panel on top instead of in the back? The biggest problem I see with that is that it would make routing video/mouse/keyboard cables a bitch with them sticking straight up in the air like that.

I thought of that too but I don't see how it wouldn't work. The GPU cable can now just slope directly downwards to the PSU instead of crisscrossing like traditional ATX cases, same with the 24pin. So all the wires would just slope down directly, waterfall style which if it looks to be in my mind, would be pretty efficient. The problem I can see with cabling is the SATA cables (since they just got shoved to the back) and the front panel wires.

With that cover on top, can we expect some 90-degree adapters to come with the case? There's no way a DVI cable, for instance, could bend that sharply. Besides which, it would just plain look ugly to have all the cables coming out the top.

Looks like an interesting layout. I seriously hope though that this case is not a new trend for Silverstone, I mean the case itself looks horrendous! Furthermore, I hope Silverstone continues to focus on their Temjin and FT line of cases, and that they don't abandon their roots of making high quality enclosures.

Furthermore, I hope Silverstone continues to focus on their Temjin and FT line of cases, and that they don't abandon their roots of making high quality enclosures.
Well, Lian Li has already expanded to blinged cases so why wouldn't Silverstone expand to bling pong.

Looks like a F117
No it doesn't... and radar would agree with that!

Oh they did that Voodoo thingie. Which is was just a plain black anodized and brushed case.

It would work well with the right desk, otherwise I could see it being a disaster. Cool concept and it's nice to see new ideas always.

Will probably work better if the CPU is under the desk. Would be horrible if the CPU sat right next to the monitor.

The latest Voodoo Omen does the same thing, and looks 8x as slick doing it. Unfortunately, the case isn't sold seperately.

Wow. From Voodoo PC's new Omen case, I thought about a case mod where the components are the same way. I wonder who's next to make a case like this; Lian-Li, Coolermaster, NZXT even Raidmax?

Interesting to say the least.

Could look cool with the cables coming out of the top all sleeved in black (even though why would you want to sleeve cables out side your PC >_>) could look sort of Matrix-esque.

Refreshing to see new ideas out there :D

I don't like it. It is weird plugging things in at the top, most desks/setups don't accommodate for that. Not to mention plugging this in to the top is visually unappealing.

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder.

Personally I think it looks sharp and is a welcome alternative to everything else on the market. I'm all for innovation and look forward to seeing reviews of this case.

I seriously hope though that this case is not a new trend for Silverstone, I mean the case itself looks horrendous! Furthermore, I hope Silverstone continues to focus on their Temjin and FT line of cases, and that they don't abandon their roots of making high quality enclosures.

These where my thoughts exactly. I love silverstone for the high quality, professional-enthusiast look. This is definitely not something I'm a fan of

Looks like an interesting layout. I seriously hope though that this case is not a new trend for Silverstone, I mean the case itself looks horrendous! Furthermore, I hope Silverstone continues to focus on their Temjin and FT line of cases, and that they don't abandon their roots of making high quality enclosures.

Definitely. That is one of the reasons why I won't touch a coolermaster case now. CM held its own against LL when aluminum cases started going mainstream but then they shifted to more gaming cases and overly-done Stackers. I hope SS keeps separate lines between their gaming Raven division and what they have now.

Back