whoa weird!

ThisMonsterLives

[H]ard|Gawd
A fairly new apple keyboard just went crazy. I got it maybe a month or two ago.

I log into WoW and suddenly my space bar no longer works. Then a few other keys stop working. All of the sudden my system speaker is going nuts and only a few keys work.

I reboot. Can't even get into windows for the speaker goes nuts again and the keyboard isn't working.

I plug in an old ugly keyboard and it works. WTF. I've never seen a keyboard go crazy like that all of the sudden and die. Damn apple :mad:

So every time I plug in the apple now the system freaks out no matter which of the 8 usb ports I try. Guess that was a waste of 30 bucks.

ThisMonsterLives said:
A fairly new apple keyboard just went crazy. I got it maybe a month or two ago.

I log into WoW and suddenly my space bar no longer works. Then a few other keys stop working. All of the sudden my system speaker is going nuts and only a few keys work.

I reboot. Can't even get into windows for the speaker goes nuts again and the keyboard isn't working.

I plug in an old ugly keyboard and it works. WTF. I've never seen a keyboard go crazy like that all of the sudden and die. Damn apple :mad:

So every time I plug in the apple now the system freaks out no matter which of the 8 usb ports I try. Guess that was a waste of 30 bucks.

Return/RMA it

After I spilled a big glass of water on my logitech elite keyboard it was doing that. I let it dry out for a few days and now it works again. The only problem is that now some keys can't be capatalized with the left shift key. They work with the right shift key though. So maybe just leave it alone for a few days and it will start working again. If that doesn't work just RMA it like ScHpAnKy said.

Hmm I didn't spill anything, though I did have a wendy's biggie size diet coke on the desk. Maybe some of the condensation dripped onto the keyboard screwing
me out of the chance to get into Strath Undead.

I had the same sorta problem, the culprit was the connector was partly pulled out of the socket, check your keyboard connection to your motherboard.

In WoW when this happend the speakers would play the tone, that plays when you press a bunch of keys at once, but it would be constant machine gun type repitition.

Well that's what you get when you buy Apple crap. Tip: don't buy Apple crap. Saves you a lot of headaches. :)

Back