Who would be interested in powder coating?

powder coating?

• Yes, that would be great im interested!

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No, this is stupid go away!

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

incomudro

[H]ard|Gawd
Who would be interested in getting their cases power coated for around $75 per case +shipping both ways?

I'm interested, but not for a case. Got some other computer parts. Got some place in mind?

I'm interested in powder coating, but I want someone local. Little scary sending it off. Years of working in my dads body-shop as a kid taught me a bit of distrust to put something I worked hard on in the hands of someone I don't know. No offence, but I don't wanna spend S+H to find out if someone does crap-work or not.

However, my opinion may change if a couple dozen people on this site swear by the work and have pics to prove it.

why wouldn't I just get the powder coating kit sold at Sears for like $40 instead?

Sheldron said:
why wouldn't I just get the powder coating kit sold at Sears for like $40 instead?
Because your oven isn't big enough to fit a Stacker chassis?

You havent seen his oven.... Or the fact that he wouldnt buy a Stacker if you paid him too.. (Unless he would of course) :)

But to that statement, I say, why not build your own oven that would fit it...

Sturdy surface space (ie concrete floor) + Thermal brick boundary + Metal panels + heating element and basic thermometer = Whatever size oven you have room for

It isnt rocket science and most any DIY'ers can do it easily at home. I am thinking most people will prefer someone local if anyone at all. I am not saying that there aren't those that would, but they probably should consider how easy it is to do it themselves, but if they dont have the space or the time, go for it, send it away. That's the beauty of a democracy and commerce.

I'd be interested, but not for computer cases. Instead, I'm interested in PC'ing for a couple of ammo tins I have laying around, but not for $75.

^--- agreed... we had 4 33 chevy wheels powder-coated for ony $20 each... 75 is 2 much man.

Arghh....ok ima try and get some pictures of the work....and maybe for around $45 a case and we'd be willing to do anything else w/ a custom quote.

i have access to a fully automatic 1000 rack capacity powdercoating machine, ill take pics and pics of product powder coated, and ill probably be able to do a case for 40 plus shipping both ways. ill talk to the owner and see if he is cool with that, it would be a fast turn around. cheaper if it was more than once case at a time. so if 5 friends want their case done, and send all at once, it would be maybe 20 a case. ill post a seperate thread soon.

Back