who won the Intel Core i7 Full System Drawing @ [H] ??

Hey All,

Thanks for all the congrats, and kind thoughts.

I'm really looking forward to playing around with the new machine. Blu-ray, SSD HD, i7, DDR3, Asetek water cooling... don't even get me started... my girlfriend is ready to pop if I mention it again.

Thanks again to Kyle, the whole HardOCP team, and the contributing sponsors.

Now I'm just down to waiting for the delivery guy!

Karl

PICS NAO :D

Congrats man.

Congrats Karl! Enjoy every minute of it!

The only way I could relate to how you feel was a time I was in the Philadelphia zoo parking lot about 5am in October of 2001... AMD was giving away motherboards and athlon xp chips... and my number was picked!!!! I was thrilled to death...

Congratulations to Karl :D

Guess I have to continue saving up for a new system, heh

Looking forward to more such draw in the future

Congrats Karl!! Glad that someone who had been here a while won it!! Hope you are getting great tracking delivery info so you know the exact second that delivery truck rolls up to your place!! And have atleast 5 forms of ID on you in case there has been a crowd of other "Karl Norris" wannabes have camped out near where you live!! Carrying a shotgun might also be advisable.. Kyle can give you ideas on what ones work best!!

Next contest I am going to make sure I am not #556.. no way will Kyle's "random" number generator pick that again!! And as added insurance, will change my name to Ken or Kurt.. Kyle's "random" number generator might have a thing for ppl with names that start with K!! Better safe than sorry!!

Karl, take pics & post them!!! I am sure we all would like to see how Kyle packs up a rig for cross country shipping!! Wonder if he learned anything from all those system reviews that were done on [H] Consumer.. seemed like there were tons of problems with things not working due to poor packing as well as delivery guys thinking they were a gorilla locked up in a cage with an American Tourister suitcase!! Also, did Kyle give you any idea if he was going to provide tech support for this rig?? Or is it more like "you won it, you fix it"?? Congrats again and have fun Overclocking it!!

Last edited:
Hey All,

Just to let everyone know... new pc arrived in great shape, no issues.

Booted right up. So far everything appears to be working well.

Nice Asus 24" (1920x1080) screen, no dead or stuck-on pixels.

NZXT case with side and front intakes. NZXT 800W PSU looks decent, and like it can handle Crossfire. I like the case. I thought it'd be a bit much with the flames and all, but it isn't. Looks like there's enough room for long video cards too :D.

Components are even better then I thought.

Memory is Corsair Dominators. DVDRW & Blu-ray reader combo drive is a LG.

XFX 4890 graphics includes the game HawX

CPU is i7 870 ... for some reason I had it in my head that I was getting a i7 860 ... nice surprise. With the Asetek liquid cooling, if I decide to dial it up that should help...

System seems quiet... although I haven't played on it yet.

Oh one other thing... motherboard is a P7P55D Pro, not LE... very psyched... I can put a second GPU in at x8 mode... or even SLI down the road (finally CF or SLI). Nice surprise.

Well time for a bit of gaming.

Karl

Congrats! That's a nice system. You're one of the few that have an i7 870, lol :)

If that is the same 24" Asus I have then you will enjoy it for gaming.

Hey All,

Couple pictures... if I can just get this ImageShack thing figured out :D.

At some point I'll have to work on the case interior cabling... but you at least can get a feel for the layout.

Karl

Manual links..................................................
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/pict0327p.jpg/
http://img44.imageshack.us/i/pict0328t.jpg/
http://img27.imageshack.us/i/pict0329z.jpg/
http://img27.imageshack.us/i/pict0330j.jpg/
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/pict0331.jpg/

Last edited:
Karl. glad you got your system in good working order. You are right.. a rat's nest of cables!! Am a bit surprised by that.. there are a bunch of wires & tubes in there but looks like someone couldn't spare a few minutes to tidying up things out before shipping. Enjoy & thanks for the pics!!

Congrats on winning, though I think it's a sham I didn't win. I've been here quite some time.... and the best I've gotten was a free name change. :p

Hey All,

Played with the cables some... and cleaned up the case.

Along the way, identified Corsair as XMS3-1600 9 9 9 24 1.6V DDR3.

PSU has the second harness cable for SLI / CF. I brought it down along the hard drive chasis, to make adding a second card easy if I go that route.

Should have much better air flow now, particularly around the memory area. Turned side intake fan 180 degrees to get the cable started down towards the bottom of the case. Nice plastic push-pin style attachment... no screws, nice.

I drew the molex 3-fan connector cluster/bundle around the back behind the hard drive area... must be for the front system, motherboard & HD temperature probes... I think it cleaned it up some.

Now if ImageShack will just cooperate...

Later,

Karl

Karl. glad you got your system in good working order. You are right.. a rat's nest of cables!! Am a bit surprised by that.. there are a bunch of wires & tubes in there but looks like someone couldn't spare a few minutes to tidying up things out before shipping. Enjoy & thanks for the pics!!

I can tell the Johnson rod came off the Fregunza clip assemble allowing the cabling to become loose and thus appear untidy.

Even tho I agree.. You needn't be tidy to be hard right?

Back