Who went from a "high quality" CRT to 2001FP???

~GEO~

n00b
Originally posted by skritch

And, if you listen to an extremely small minority (one person) of very vocal whiners, you might hear someone complaining about the "graininess" of the picture.

However, that person is seeing the effect only with his nose pressed up against the screen. The rest of us are quite happy with the 2001FP.

I went from 1 900nf and a IBM p260 to the 2001fp. Like everyone here has stated text is extremely sharp on the 2001fp. However, I cannot handle the colerscale and greyscale issues that the 2001fp has. Yes, I am extremely picky but in doing design, I have to be.

Also, this comment about seeing the "graininess" of the picture with nose on the screen is incorrect, I can see the lines of the disply sitting 2 feet away and this is the distance at which I first noticed the lines.

I personally am sending the 2001fp back because the lines are driving me crazy. It stinks because the WUXGA 15" on my inspirion laptop has no lines and a higher pixel count - granted it is a slower display.

Originally posted by ~GEO~

I personally am sending the 2001fp back because the lines are driving me crazy. It stinks because the WXGA 15" on my inspirion laptop has no lines and a higher pixel count - granted it is a slower display.

No, it does not have a higher pixel count. The highest resolution supported under the definition of "WXGA" is 1280x768. 1280x768 is a significantly lower pixel count than UXGA (1600x1200).

Back