Who runs ATM @ Home?

[]wave

Limp Gawd
Just wondering how many ATM fans we got out there.

I have a ASX-200 which i'm still not using, and some other various OC-3 modules.

Soon will be going OC-12 to my server and aquiring some LE 155s and possibly an ASX-1000 loaded :)

Sounds like fun, but I don't really see the point... Oh wait, this is the [H]ard, not a point to a lot of things done around here, carry on... :)

I was going to buy an ASX-1000 (the big monster ATM core switch) off a friend for cheap, but I found that finding OC-3 ATM cards was much more difficult than I imagined, even after looking on eBay (at the time they were only 155Mbps ATM Copper cards)

I did like the idea of connecting loads of T1's to it tho :)

asx-1000 is a very powerful machine that is still being widely used today. the thing is a beast.

hopefully the one im gonna snag is loaded with oc 12 modules, meh.

have you got any pics of the ASX-200 ? Those actually go for more on eBay than near-fully loaded ASX-1000's do !

I like them coz of the cool scrolly display ! :) hehe

those little scrolling displays kick ass

im happy with my GigE fiber tho :p

at home? how much does an OC-12 piped to your house cost? It must be insane.

Originally posted by Brink
at home? how much does an OC-12 piped to your house cost? It must be insane.

We're talking about running it in your house and not to your house as a form of an internet connection.

I wish I had an OC-12 internet line ;)

Originally posted by SupaFly99
We're talking about running it in your house and not to your house as a form of an internet connection.

hehe, I would be happy with an OC-3 to my house ! I could sleep easy at night with an OC-12 !

Originally posted by FLECOM
those little scrolling displays kick ass

im happy with my GigE fiber tho :p

OC12 whopps all over GigE.

I don't have a ASX-200 BX though, just the regular asx-200 loaded with OC3 ports, but I'm gonna get rid of it.

The ASX-1000 has the scrolling displays, ooo wee they are sweet and powerful.

Originally posted by []wave
OC12 whopps all over GigE.

I don't have a ASX-200 BX though, just the regular asx-200 loaded with OC3 ports, but I'm gonna get rid of it.

The ASX-1000 has the scrolling displays, ooo wee they are sweet and powerful.

I didn't realise there were two versions of that switch.... so does yours not have the scrolling displays ?

Originally posted by SupaFly99

oh....kinda pointless? =P

I guess my applications for my network and network apps aren't very demanding. So ATM as a LAN? The equipment has to be pretty expensive too no doubt, and all the media....I'm used to thinking of ATM as a WAN only medium.

Expensive - one of the reasons it never took off for the desktop market.

But it definetely has its advantages.

like adding major inches to your epenis

sorry, gige fiber will do fine for me, i like using something that i can easily find network cards and switches for cheap easily :D

when im not poor i may get one of those switches with the scrolling displays... but probably only becuase of those displays :rolleyes:

scrolly display lovin? count me in.

count me in for GigE, as well... but-- i COULD make a little display out of LED's and put it on a box for you-- then you'd have a little darth vader box of LED's that is ALMOST As cool as the scrolly display on the ASX-1000

ah, but does it beat the scrolly displays in my bedroom :) ?

jparkcp1b.jpg

hey that looks like an idigo on the right side of that monitor :D

Originally posted by FLECOM
hey that looks like an idigo on the right side of that monitor :D

it is, remember Jurassic Park was released in 1993....

I have one of the Apple Mac Quadra 700's, which are featured in the movie (the white tower and used for watching the video of Dennis talking to the guy on the phone)

--

if you also remember, we had a thread about the mainframes features in the rear of picture ! those things back then were around $2million each, and the ones they had on set were the real deal (with the cool moving LED displays, which shows the various cpu stuff....)

Back