Who rents games, online?

bandit390

[H]ard|Gawd
I was thinking of choosing a game rental site like gamefly, etc. So I was wondering how many people rent online and what company is the best?

Also, if you are with a company what happens if you have to report a game that never cleared the queue, but you returned or was never recieved?

i use GameFly. it's not bad; i was used to having a Netflix account, and it's pretty similar. i've never tried another company, so i don't know how the others are, but GameFly has had every game that i've wanted to rent in-stock and they ship very fast.

in the past few years, using Netflix and GameFly, i've never had an item that didn't "clear the queue", but i have had a few movies come in cracked or too scratched to play on occasion. in those situations, i simply went online, marked the game as "damaged" and shipped it back. the nice part is that they'll ship out your replacement the same day that you note the game as damaged, so you don't have to wait a couple extra days for them to receive and check the game first.

my lil' bro also uses GF, and he once sent back a game that they never received. they made him wait 1 week before sending him the next title on his list (which was dumb, but oh well...). i assume that was to ensure that the game was definitely lost and not delayed or otherwise, but they didn't blame him for it, or penalize him beyond the extra week's wait. that seems reasonable to me.

btw, i use GF for renting 360, PS2 and GC games.

I use GameFly, its good for people like me who live in the middle of nowhere and have no rental stores where they live.

I just started using Gamefly. So far they seem pretty fast, and the games come in decent condition (their DVD's are much better protected than Netflix).

Most of the games in my queue are at a "short wait", which is kind of disturbing. But they seem to replenish their stock fast enough.

I don't know of any other company that rents games via mail.

I went ahead and signed up.

But half the games are short wait. When the "short wait" game shows "Available Now" will you be able to send a game back and get that one, kind of like them holding it for you? Or do you have to send a game back and wait for it to become available?

Back