Who played PSO on the DC back in the day?

I put a horrifying amount of time into it on the DC. I have no fucking idea how I didn't find it stupidly monotonous.

Fuck yeah dialup.

As far as I know it is coming here soon, but yes I put 1000+ hours in PSO all the way through blue burst.

Cannot wait. I am hoping it has some kind of game pad support though. The computer controls were awful. Would also love a console version, but I will settle for anything atm.

Played on dc some but with dialup an no nroadband modem for dc I was limited to late night playing only. I played on the xbox a ton with about 1000 hours.

The open beta is fun so far, even though I can't read anything. Hope an english patch comes soon

Also, to answer the question: yes there is controller support. The game is actually probably easier to play with a controller

PSO on Dreamcast was my first ever MMO game. I couldn't even tell you how many hours I put into it, but I'm sure it's much easier to measure it in days rather than hours. If they released the new one in the US, I don't think I'd be able to resist buying it lol.

PSO on Dreamcast was my first ever MMO game. I couldn't even tell you how many hours I put into it, but I'm sure it's much easier to measure it in days rather than hours. If they released the new one in the US, I don't think I'd be able to resist buying it lol.

PSO has never been an MMO. It is more like a co-op type game. It's very similar to the Diablo franchise moreso than any MMO.

But it has been very addictive in the past...

Very addictive, brings back memories. No way in hell I'd play a new one but I loved that game back in the day. Dreamcast FTW

Oh god yes, I LOVED PSO!! I couldn't get into PSU.

I remember playing through the original, then v2 when it came out (I remember the controversy of a monthly fee) and PSO E I & II on the GC.

Oh god yes, I LOVED PSO!! I couldn't get into PSU.

I remember playing through the original, then v2 when it came out (I remember the controversy of a monthly fee) and PSO E I & II on the GC.

Ironically though I have a boxed copy I completely missed out on PSU. What was the big difference? Sega's page makes it out to be more of the same good stuff.

hated this game with a passion on the dreamcast. I really gave it a fair chance after a buddy wouldn't shut up about it, but it was just way too boring/repetitive.

Definitely enjoyed PSO back in the day, looking back I'm not exactly sure why. Kinda repetitive and the camera was so wonky.

Fond memories of hanging out in SegaNet's IRC channel waiting for the game to release, though!

Ironically though I have a boxed copy I completely missed out on PSU. What was the big difference? Sega's page makes it out to be more of the same good stuff.

Well, one thing that I hated was how the pistols had ammo. Another thing was it was quite a bit more complicated.

I still have my discs and DC for it, it was damn good ;)

Yeah I played on the DC and then put like 1800+ hours into BlueBurst on the PC. I was SimS for any of you who played PSO:BB who might remember me.

I never played on the Dreamcast, but I did rather enjoy what time I played it on the pc with a friend I met on WoW :)

Definitely enjoyed PSO back in the day, looking back I'm not exactly sure why. Kinda repetitive and the camera was so wonky.

Fond memories of hanging out in SegaNet's IRC channel waiting for the game to release, though!

the red boxes man.

the hunt for red boxtober

Played it on DreamCast, PC, DS, and PSP.

Its also coming out on PSP Vita.

If you have friends and play this multiplayer you can't really beat the experience. They found a formula that works.....but have been tweaking it for the worse since PSO.

Back