Who makes the panel in my monitor (Dell)?

I want to know who manufactures the panel in my monitor without opening it up. It's a Dell E1912H (18.5" 1366x768, TN Panel)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

bunsenburner156

I just spent a while trying to find any help online or from Dell tech support. Without the service tag or serial number of the monitor it is pretty much impossible. If you have either or both of those you can call or chat with Dell tech support and they can probably tell you who made it and when. It woud be in the FCC Declaration of Conformity. Dell pretty much works from service tags (on the back of the monitor) or serial numbers. The info on how to reach them is:

http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/19/contactus

That might be easier than ripping the panel out of the monitor to find out who built it.

Last edited:
When I worked for Dell tech support we had no way of seeing panel manufacturers in the support system. The support system is geared towards troubleshooting, not general questions of non public information. Also that monitor may be outside if warranty period and they won't help you anyway.

Panel parts are usually listed in the Dell service manual for the E1912H, but it does not seem to be available online (for free)
Might also be listed in the OSD service menu but the button combination to get in there is also in the service manual
Its probably using a CMI or AUO panel.

They sent me a DoC. It's made by TPV Electronics - not sure who makes the panel.

Haha! Now you may have more questions then answers! At least they responded to you. I've always had very good support from Dell--the lady I talked with yesterday did what she could but without the service tag or serial number she reached a dead end. I tried all the online searches that Dell offered but got nowhere with your particular model. Glad they got back to you on it.

I did something similar for my U3011 a few years ago and Dell couldn't have been more helpful--they still send me birthday notes and Christmas greetings even though I haven't bought from them in a long time--have my eye on the UP3216Q but just can't get past that wide-assed bezel for now! The support they give enterprise equiptment is excellent as has been the support from HP on their enterprise stuff. Good to know they are still providing decent support.

Last edited:
Back