Who is good with Synergy?

capnstabn

Gawd
I am current running 2 PCs. One PC is connected to my 3007wfphc in the center while the other 2 run on my 2007fps on each side. Having issues getting the mouse to move seemless across each. Does anyone have a similar configuration I can borrow settings from?

Not that I can help you with a solution because I have never heard of someone doing it like this - but what is the advantage to having the other monitors run on a different computer? Especially with one like yours where you probably have little trouble multi tasking just about anything.

I use synergy. Maybe it is easier if you can post your settings, so I can see what your problem might be?

Not that I can help you with a solution because I have never heard of someone doing it like this - but what is the advantage to having the other monitors run on a different computer? Especially with one like yours where you probably have little trouble multi tasking just about anything.

I have to do lots of work in VM and like to have the second box for email,chat, and surfing. My current setup is where I have the single 3007wfphc set as being "to the right" of my secondary box....and since the secondary box has two screens its not very natural. The goal would be to have the center monitor as box one, the left monitor as box2 left, and the right as box2 right. After playing with it a bit this afternoon I am not sure if this setup would be possible.....might just need to use a kvm.

The goal would be to have the center monitor as box one, the left monitor as box2 left, and the right as box2 right. After playing with it a bit this afternoon I am not sure if this setup would be possible.....might just need to use a kvm.
Of course it is possible, but you have to do something counterintuitive. On box2, set your left-most 2007FP to the right of the right-most 2007FP, so that when your mouse pointer crosses the right-edge of the right-most monitor, it goes to the left-most monitor. With me so far?

Now, on the synergy server, set box1 to the left-and-right of box2, and box2 to the left-and-right of box1. Problem solved!

Of course it is possible, but you have to do something counterintuitive. On box2, set your left-most 2007FP to the right of the right-most 2007FP, so that when your mouse pointer crosses the right-edge of the right-most monitor, it goes to the left-most monitor. With me so far?

Now, on the synergy server, set box1 to the left-and-right of box2, and box2 to the left-and-right of box1. Problem solved!

Wow it worked....very nice bro. Now let me ask you this! Found anyway to not have games minimize when the mouse moves to a different pc?

Back