Who here loves there PSP?

Doc Holiday

2[H]4U
With all the PSP bashing going on I just wanted to post and say I love mine. I use it on my train ride to work, 50 min. each way, everyday. This morning I watched South Park and CSI. Yesterday I played a little Ridge Racer and then played Tiger Woods Golf.

The PSP so far has brought back the joy of gaming that I used to love. I just don't have the time to play consoles/PC games anymore. This little device allows me to game where ever and when ever I want with no cords.

Yea for Sony. They didn't get it perfect, who does, but they got darn close.

I'm becoming more and more interested in the system, how difficult is it to put movies and TV shows on it? How do you do it, what media do you put them on? Little info please for a possible future buyer.

Thanks,

Jrmicon said:
I'm becoming more and more interested in the system, how difficult is it to put movies and TV shows on it? How do you do it, what media do you put them on? Little info please for a possible future buyer.

Thanks,
it was made by god to train a new keono reeves for the war against hell

Ballz2TheWallz said:

Wow, you just wasted several seconds of my life that I will never get back.

To me the PSP was everything I wanted, but didn't know I wanted. I had the first GameBoy when it came out in 1989, and I remember fondly spending hours playing some of the most entertaining games. I have a GameBoy Advance, but it didn't really capture my interest like the GameBoy of old. I thought I had outgrown that type of gaming. Indeed, Mario and Link no longer hold my interest like they did when I was a kid, even though I remember playing the original Mario Bros. games on an ancient 286.

The PSP appeals to me as an adult gamer. It doesn't take for granted the fact that I have a powerful computer that can play games of incredible visual quality. In fact, it tries to emulate it. Perhaps that's the draw...it's more complicated, involved, technically superior, and has more games that I'm interested in than I care to spend money on.

It really brings a smile to my face, and it was worth every penny I spent on it.

Jrmicon said:

Thanks,

Very easy. I have PSP Video 9 setup to watch the folder that I record shows to with my PVR. When a new show gets dumped in there PSP9 sees it and converts it. In the morning before I jump in the shower I hook up my PSP to my computer and the copy over while I'm in the shower. Very easy, very simple.

I use a 512MB Mem Stick Pro Duo. The compression settings I have are just under 200MB per hour depending on the source. I can get about 2.5 hours of shows on my PSP. You can tell it's compressed but it's not that bad.

Ballz2TheWallz said:

I think hes referring to this weeks special PSP themed South Park episode it was really funny, especially the Golden PSP that we saw when Kenny went to heaven hhhehe

ascully said:
I think hes referring to this weeks special PSP themed South Park episode it was really funny, especially the Golden PSP that we saw when Kenny went to heaven hhhehe

I just watched that show on my way in this morning. Very funny, I haven't watched South Park since the first session, but this show was funny.

I do. I wasn't let down in any way with the PSP. It was everything I expected and more.

only problem with mine is it freezes when i try to exit thug2. i just pop out the disc and it goes to the main psp screen. would send it back but mine doesn't have any dead pixels and don't wanna take a chance of getting a replacement with dead pixels.

loving mine

I also love my PSP and have been playing it pretty much nonstop since I got it. I really enjoy Tiger Woods and Untold Legends. I enjoy THUG2:Remix, but this being the first Tony Hawk game I've played, I'm still struggling with how to score points/not lose points (but that's a different thread:) ). I may trade it/sell it for Lumines instead. I play my PSP during my lunch break at work, I also play it before school, I even play it when I get home. I haven't touched my console lately, nor my pc games. I haven't been this excited over a device of any kind in a long, long time. I wonder if this affect will wear off ater a while? Now, I'm just waiting for my 1GB pro duo stick to arrive so I can dump some tv shows/movies and music on to it. It has a few dead pixels. But, I'll return it for an exchange after the next couple of shipments come in b/c I want a flawless screen (no questions asked EBGames warranty). I can't wait for more, perhaps better, games come out either (ie: GT Mobile, GTA). I am very pleased with this device thusfar, and I am very excited about the future potential that is in store for it. :D

carrot said:
I also love my PSP and have been playing it pretty much nonstop since I got it. I really enjoy Tiger Woods and Untold Legends. <snip> :D

How are the load times on Tiger Woods? I heard they were somewhat long.

I almost bought a PSP here on base today but they didn't have any of the games I wanted so I decided to wait. It is nice though being able to buy things like this tax-free if I wanted to (but do I really want to spend another $250?).

The PSP rocks! :)

I bought 9 games so far and I love em all.
I spent several hours at work yesterday playing it and looking over my shoulder to make sure no one caught me.

phobic said:
How are the load times on Tiger Woods? I heard they were somewhat long.

I almost bought a PSP here on base today but they didn't have any of the games I wanted so I decided to wait. It is nice though being able to buy things like this tax-free if I wanted to (but do I really want to spend another $250?).

it is noticeably longer than,say, untold legends and thug2....however, i wouldnt say it is any worse than on the ps2. i found that the game is so addicting that i dont even notice the load times any more. and once your playing a game and if you need to stop, just use the 'sleep mode' feature...then you just continue playing from where you left off. if you like golf games, pick this one up for sure (now only if the weather would warm up faster so i can play real golf
:cool: )

grr, thug2 won't load australia in story mode, it freezes everytime.

is it the psp or thug2?

derrickperry said:
grr, thug2 won't load australia in story mode, it freezes everytime.

is it the psp or thug2?
Could be the game. On the japanese version of MGA, I can get the game to freeze if I do a certain set of moves on one level.

Ballz2TheWallz said:

It's Keanu, but any ways if ya take down the legions of Hell you do get a Gold Keanu Reeves Statue :) LOL

Love it, got Untold Legends and Wipeout. Haven't touched Wipeout cuz I love UL so much. Also got a 512MB card and have dumped photos and music vids and they look great!

This is the handheld I've been waiting for!

Loving it so far. Tiger Woods has been taking up all my time with it so far but I do have Lumines, Ape Escape (I have kids) and NFL Street. The longest load time with Tiger Woods is the start up, it takes forever. After the game gets going ti is normal.

I can see great things out of this handheld. Can't wait to get a gig stick so I can get a movie or some TV shows on it.

the only handhelp i had was the original gameboy. i seen someone playing a psp in class yesterday and it seemed pretty cool. it looked like he was playing nfsu or something. ima wait for my bro to get one and see if he likes it b4 i spend that kinda cash.

Untold legends is pretty damn good. I loved diablo and diablo 2, and this game is extremely similar. Twisted Metal is pretty good, I need to play some multiplayer though.

Back