Who here got the BF2 Headset?

CreamySoupUSA

I suck butt hole.
Well, my Gamestop's boxes didn't say that you got a free headset if you pre-ordered BF2, but Bestbuy's did, so I decided to pre-order from them. I brought the box up to the front and tell the guy I want to reserve the DVD version. He says OK and rings me up, and puts the box (which was empty) in some place so he could put it back later I assume.

Fast forward to the 23rd, I go in to pick up my game because I worked all day on the 22nd, and they say they're out of DVD versions, even though I requested that one when I pre-ordered. I don't really care, cause I'll just burn my friends DVD version. Then they say that I was supposed to get the headphones in the box when I pre-ordered... even though it was empty and the guy took it. They then said they were out of the headphones...

/rant

Anyway, who here got the headset? And where was it, in the box?

I preordered too late and both places I checked were out of the headsets so I just preordered anyways(btw if you were supposed to get a headset from preordering in store you would have got it the day you preordered), so I bought some cheap headset.

Yeah, I figured, but I asked the check out guy when I pre-ordered and he said I either had to mail in or they'd hand them out when I picked up the game.

i preordered from gamestop online, and it just came today, with the headset in the box. its ok, not great but not bad either imo

At Frys I pre-ordered it for 9.99... in the box was the headset...

When I bought the game frys had it on sale for ~37.99 and with the pre-order u get 9.99 off the game so I ended up getting the game and the headset for ~37.99 + Tax

tax=gay..... who the heck invented tax in california anyways...piss me off!!!

Got my preorder from Gamestop. I opened the box before I left the parking lot and it was empty. Things like that have happened to me before so I wanted to be sure...and I was right. The manager called one of the 2 other Gamestop's and had a guy bring an "unopened" preorder box to me the next day.

Preordered from EB just to get the headset.... and of course after many promises from the store clerk i ended up not getting it. I picked up a nice set of logeitch noise canceling ones at best buy for $25... only problem is ive yet to use it in BF2....barely anyone use VOIP in the game

Its the same headphones which came from my limeted edition guild wars box. They're nothing special, but ok for touting in your laptop bag while watching Babylon 5 when I should be working :D

caynee said:
Preordered from EB just to get the headset.... and of course after many promises from the store clerk i ended up not getting it. I picked up a nice set of logeitch noise canceling ones at best buy for $25... only problem is ive yet to use it in BF2....barely anyone use VOIP in the game

I had a few squadmates using VOIP last night. They are out there. What you can do is when you get on the server, just look through the squads and watch for that little speaker symbol thing to change colors next to their names. Then you'll know. Or just join different squads.

CreamySoupUSA said:
Well, my Gamestop's boxes didn't say that you got a free headset if you pre-ordered BF2, but Bestbuy's did, so I decided to pre-order from them. I brought the box up to the front and tell the guy I want to reserve the DVD version. He says OK and rings me up, and puts the box (which was empty) in some place so he could put it back later I assume.

Fast forward to the 23rd, I go in to pick up my game because I worked all day on the 22nd, and they say they're out of DVD versions, even though I requested that one when I pre-ordered. I don't really care, cause I'll just burn my friends DVD version. Then they say that I was supposed to get the headphones in the box when I pre-ordered... even though it was empty and the guy took it. They then said they were out of the headphones...

/rant

Anyway, who here got the headset? And where was it, in the box?

Preordered via Gamestop and I got the headset with the preorder box. I requested when preordering the dvd version and thats what they had for me when I picked it up. I use the headset for its mic properties - regular speakers or a pair of Senns for sound.

Back