Who here got a DS?

Get a DS today?

• Yup!

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • No but im getting one soon!

Votes: 29 25.2%
  • Nope. screw that thing im getting a PSP!

Votes: 67 58.3%

• Total voters
Nintendo DS + Any RTS = Total Stylus Happiness.

Think about it. We could port Warcraft onto the DS, right?

On topic: Getting one when prices drop. Usually the worst games, save for Halo, come out at launch and the better games begin to come out and the devs tinker with the hardware more :)

Oh my, so my 6800NU is gonna last me 3 years? Because man that FX5200 was getting ong in the tooth the day I bought it. So where exactly are you pulling this statistic from?

We said top of the line. The NU isn't top of the line.

WickedAngel said:
We said top of the line. The NU isn't top of the line.

Its definetly a step down, but I dont think a GT or an Ultra will last three years; maybe 2 tops (and I believe the GT is the next ti4x00 which had a great lifespan)

I'll probably get one eventually as well as a PSP. I'm a gaming whore like that, now I'm going to go charge my SP so I can get in some solid FF:TT time before going to bed.

odoe said:
I'll probably get one eventually as well as a PSP. I'm a gaming whore like that, now I'm going to go charge my SP so I can get in some solid FF:TT time before going to bed.

FF:TT?

bleh, sorry FF:TA, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced

heh

I got a few DS's on the launch date one for me, my gf, and Xmas gifts for friends. The only game that interested me was mario 64. It's pretty good, but controls are difficult to get used to. The graphics are excellent, the screen has a very good refresh rate, so no ghosting. The touch screen is very responsive, much more so than my PDA (toshiba e755) The mini games really makes mario 64 shine imo. The ability to have a GBA cartridge AND a DS cartridge coexist at the same time is a huge plus. The down sides for me are the bulky size, a bit heavy, hardly any games out there worth buying. But I did buy it in the hopes of seeing : Mario Tennis (how awesome will that be with wireless multiplay?) Mario Kart, and some form of Zelda. Basically take the graphic power of a N64 and shove it into your pocket. Ports of N64 games although nice, I would prefer to see some nice new innovative titles too.

I am probably going to wait until PSP is released before I pick one up. My SP was only used for Zelda anyways. For some reason, the DS didn't seem as hyped up and promoted as the SP was.

Damn, I saw one today and it was niiiice. Grafix looked and ran better than the N64, I was blown away. I'd pick one up the day they mentioned an Ocarina of Time game.

I tried it today, metroid prime just blew me away with the thumb strap thing for control. So I bought one :p The whole touch screen idea was brilliant.

metroid looks sick on the ds, and i like the pictochat etc... but... im still waiting on info about the psp.

then i will decide what i want.

How about we see some ports of SNES games before we get all excited. Id love to see a best of release from square, not dissimilar from the ps1 comps, but back on a cartridge and in the palm of my hand.

Back