who have e6750 post here....

I just got mine a couple days ago so I have not pushed it a lot yet.

Running 3.3 with Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for cooling. Voltage is at 1.256 and it is completely stable. I may even be able to undervolt.

I did not bother putting on my AS5 and used the HSF's grease. Temps are 33 idle for each core. Load is 47.

cpuzdx2.jpg

I wouldnt use CPU-Z tp look at Vcore its inacurate check your bios or use something like everest Home edition or Speedfan.

I wouldnt use CPU-Z tp look at Vcore its inacurate check your bios or use something like everest Home edition or Speedfan.

Agreed. CPU-Z never read my voltage correctly. I am at 1.58V and it says I am at 1.238V. Stock voltage is 1.35V

I can't get my E6750 over 3.2GHz, if I try to go higher it automatically restarts the computer when it is starting and sets all the BIOS info back to default. That's of course if I try to use manual controls on BIOS. If I do automatic voltage the computer goes al crazy an ORTHOS throws errors.

remember,al cpu options disabled,voltage in bios at 1,5v,and rise easy 3,8ghz

No matter how good your cooling is.. 3.5ghz on STOCK voltage is already a real real good OC.

Definitely! I have struggled over the years with overclocking because I have had bad luck getting chips that didn't perform well for some reason. I am really loving my e6750!!

One of the keys though is to get a GOOD motherboard.

Agreed. CPU-Z never read my voltage correctly. I am at 1.58V and it says I am at 1.238V. Stock voltage is 1.35V

1.34 through speedfan. I was pretty sure my bios was 1.2x. Could be wrong though. I've not rebooting in almost a week, I'll have to check later.

Either way, it is completely stable. I am at this computer 14 hours a day playing games as well as other things. Never had a bluescreen, lockup or random restart.

When I try to overclock past 400 when it restarts with the new settings, it like hangsup before even showing the bios screen and then it automatically restarts by itself right there and it resets back to default. I had turned off all CPU settings and manual voltage, manual everything and it won't work. =(

Remember to disable anything that controls temp by slowing the cpu speed. For the guys having issues make sure your DRAM voltage and timings are correct. Also keep in mind you may have to add a little cpu voltage even to hit 3.2ghz. Not all chips are the same. 8X400 (3.2ghz) should be reay easy to get to with this chip.

this cpu reach higher clocks with water cooling and ln2,dry ice,with air cooling maximum its 3,4-36,but temp is very hot,life of cpu is limited.
this is at 3,2ghz,fans at minimum rotation,its very quiet in the room.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/373/coretemp3nu6.jpg
voltage its good,in bios is set at 1,3v

Im getting those temps @ 1.58V withe the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme and a Scythe S-flex "F" fan. I have the fan slowed down and my setup is VERY quiet. All my 120mm case fans are @ 700-800 rpm including CPU fan. Only other fan I have is a coolink 92mm I am running at a 7V constant. Love my setup.

Copyright, thanks for your earlier reply to my question about NB voltage. I'm at 1.325 and 3120mhz. I've been letting it run a couple days at each setting (+5fsb) and making sure everything runs normally without adding voltage. If it seems that things are ok, I push another 5fsb and so on. I just want to make sure that the pci-e speed stays the same, that should be the case right if set to 100?

Remember to disable anything that controls temp by slowing the cpu speed. For the guys having issues make sure your DRAM voltage and timings are correct. Also keep in mind you may have to add a little cpu voltage even to hit 3.2ghz. Not all chips are the same. 8X400 (3.2ghz) should be reay easy to get to with this chip.

I can't get mine to go farther than 3.2GHz. When I do, before it boots, it restarts itself like 1 time and then all the BIOS changes after the 3.2GHz config get restored by themself.

Another update, coretemp tells me the VID is 1.2875. I have it set at default in the bios. Is this the actual voltage?

Here is my 6750 with the hardwarwe below. Everest is showing my temps at Core1 28/Core2 30 idle.. 1.43 BIOS voltage.

c2d36rz3.jpg
c2dmemrh5.jpg

i am finished with e6750,i bought a new quad cpu.q6600.please post here ....with e6750

I just put together a system with an E6750 - I currently have it at 3.2GHz, had to bump the voltage up to 1.4v to get it stable, but it runs cool - 26C idle, 46C after 9hrs of Orthos. I'm using the zerotherm nirvana120 to cool it.

Damn. I tried to do 3.5ghz with stock voltage and the system didn't like that. I'm going to set a divider on the memory so I can see if it's the memory or cpu holding me back.

Damn. I tried to do 3.5ghz with stock voltage and the system didn't like that. I'm going to set a divider on the memory so I can see if it's the memory or cpu holding me back.

Good luck on stock voltage thats not an easy target. Dont be afraid to push it up a little bit if you have good cooling. Make sure you guys are using programs the 100 tjunction like the latest Core temp or your temps will read 15C lower then they really are. Good luck on the 3.5V. Also keep in mind coretemp and CPU-Z will usually NOT reflect the correct core voltage you have set. Ive seen this many times.

I was able to run stable and cool @ 3.2 on stock volts with my E6750. Currently I am running 3.6 Ghz at 1.3 volts idle and 1.28 volts under load. I am using the Gigabyte DS3L which has mega-droop. I think its set to 1.34 or so in the bios...1.28 under load. My idle temp is 33 C and my load temp is 54 C. I haven't had a chance to use coretemp, I will report back once I check that program out. Although if everyone just reads the "wrong" values they are still comparable. As long as they are PRECISELY INaccurate, then any/all comparisons are valid...but in practice I would like to see the true values as well. I should also mention that I am using my old Thermalright XP-90, and it seems like it's doing great.

To this guy:
would it be faster for me to run it at 5-5-5-15, for example, at a 1:1.2 ratio? (ddr2-1050)
It would definitely be faster. I tested the bandwidth of my Ballistix DDR2-800 sticks in Everest with memory @ 900 @ 4-4-4-12 versus 450x2.4=1080Mhz @ 5-5-5-15 and the latter is significantly faster, so I say go for it!

Regarding this comment:

I have run all three of these programs and CPU-Z 1.39 reports the exact same voltages, at idle and under load, as Everest Ultimate 4.2 and Speedfan 4.33. Perhaps this problem varies across boards? But CPU-Z is good for me at least : )

Why are you posting Quad stats in this thread? The OP started this thread talking about 6750 processors, no need to crap the thread.

Anyway, my 6750 is stable @ 3.4 Orthos with 1.425 voltage on a GA DS3L and some G.Skill mem. It will POST @ 3.6 and load Vista but is not run stable with Orthos.

I am happy with 3.4 idle @ 32* and 44* under 100% Orthos at an ambient temp of 71* using an Arctic 7 CPU cooler and a CM690 case.

-Funk

I just wanted to report that my E6750 was stable at 445fsb, 8x, 1.425V, 2x mem divider w/ no other voltage or frequency changes on a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 with Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400 @ 5-5-5-12 (w/ other timings manually set to the default mobo settings for my ram). OC'ing these chips is too easy. I can go a lot higher, and actually have, but it got to the point where I started to have to mess with my ram voltage to get things stable. I realized that the overclock didn't give me much more performance in anything I run so I set my system back to stock clocks. I guess the time wasn't real well spent except that it was fun and that I now have an idea of the limits of my system.

me i start this topic,but i change my cpu,owners of 6750 post hier.
thx

i already have my own thread on my set-up and oc, and thanks to this forum i seem to be stable at 3GHz:
375x8
1.35V (stock)
Intel HSF
FSB 1:1 375x2
+0.1V for everything (on the ds3r)
4-4-4-15 @ 2.1V (range is 1.9 - 2.1 and can go up to 2.3V)
Idle: 35
Windows: 35 - 38
Load: 45 - 50 (games)
Orthos: 58 - 62C

Back