• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Who has the Super lanboy

BigD86

n00b
Joined
Nov 20, 2004
Messages
36
Im looking into gettin the superlanboy and was a little worried about how small it is and how weak it is, I have not been able to see one up close so i was just wondering if any of u that have it could tell me if its really small and hard to work in.

Thank you I appreciate it
 
Got mine in 2 days from Outpost.com. $39 after rebate.

The case isn't too small, I think it is like 18" tall. It is VERY light because the pannels are very THIN. I haven't put a system into it yet because I am questioning if I should or how to mod it.

The carry strap that comes with it kicks ass though.
 
I’ve got an Antec Super Lanboy. I like it.

It seemed sort of fragile at first, but once you put everything in it, it seems a lot more rigid. For any kind of normal use, it is plenty strong. Steel would be stronger, of course, as would thick aluminum, but the case was designed mainly for light weight. Unless you want a titanium case or something (THERE is an idea…), there isn’t a free ride here… less weight = less strong.

As for space, it actually has a lot of room inside for its size. I found it was very easy to work with, getting everything in there was no problem.

Main thing to be careful with is the rear case fan, which uses these funky mounts that can break easily. Make sure you go real slow installing these and don’t use too much force, or you will have to go to Home Depot and buy some bolts like I did.
 
I've had a super Lan Boy for a while now. Ive found it to be very easy to work on with the exception of two things. First there is no removable mobo tray, which can cause problems for those of us with big hands. Secondly, as mentioned above, the side panels are rather fragile. Ive bent the heck out of both side panels multiple times. If your careful and gentle (im neither) you shouldnt have too much trouble.

Having the hard drives mounted at 90 degree angle infront of the inlet fan is a life saver and makes installation a breeze.

Btw, the LED fan on the front of the case is very bright. It will light up your room at night. Something to think about.
 
Since I haven't hooked mine up yet lemme as some questions.

I know the fans are low CFM so they must be quiet right? Do they really make that big of a difference to case temps?
 
Bought a Super LANBOY from Fry's for $40 after MIR to replace the case in my sig... only problem is, it's one of my various computer presents from my parents, meaning I have to wait until Dec. 25 to open it up... blah!
 
Installed a system in mine last night. The 120mm fans make almost no noise. Your CPU fan is what will drive you nuts.

I took the system out of a Antec mid-atx dragon like case. It had 80mm Sunons pulling through the front and pushing out the back. I had temps around 38c.

I installed the same system in the lanboy. I used the stock 120's, and my temps went up to 43c. So you could probably reduce the temps if you switched out the stock 120's with something a little better.
 
wow, so it's not just my imagination that I'm getting higher temps in there. I just wish I could crank up the rpms to them fans. but that has to be my only complaint really. And it isn't all that flimsy.
 
Can't see one up close? go to a computer store.. ANY computer store.. CompUSA, Frys, whatever..

It's a lot thinner aluminum than the Coolermaster wave cases, or Apple's G5's but that means it also weights a LOT less. If you plan on standing on top of it, I'd say no.. but it is built well, and made to be portable.. ( LANBOY is a LAN BOX)

The window is rivited in, and not glued in like a lot of cheaper cases. the fans come with rubber zip screws to reduce noise. The drawr in front for extra screws and stuff is a neat touch.. I also like that it comes with a real basic Geargrip like thing...

Picked mine up for $49.99 no rebate at CompUSA about a month ago..
 
I've done the "Ribbon cablle under motherboard" thing myself a couple times, but after a friend fried his mobo, I won't be doing that again. If you are carefull it's ok, but for me, a $200 mobo might as well be $2000.. takes me quite some time to save up for it.

On the other side.. have you ever tried soldering the ribbon cablle to the bottom of the motherboard? Seen someone with this done.
 
Brantoc said:
I've done the "Ribbon cablle under motherboard" thing myself a couple times, but after a friend fried his mobo, I won't be doing that again.

Unless the ribbon cable's insulation was compromised somehow, I don't see how the mobo frying would have anything to do with the cable. What evidence was there that it was caused by the cable, and not something else?

-SEAL
 
Back
Top