Who has the largest network in the world?

Sometwo

Limp Gawd
Which company has the largest network of computers, and how many computers does it have? Do you think the largest network could be owned by criminals operating botnets?

I would say the supercomputers of this world would probably be the biggest networks.

Define what is "largest network" to you ?

- Number of computer ?
- Number of device ?
- Number of device/computer on public network ?
- Number of device/computer in private network ?
- Biggest RAW power network owned by a single company/person ?
- Biggest RAW number of computer owned by a single company/person ?
- Biggest RAW bandwidth available to a single company/person ?
etc...etc...

I'd estimate that Google has around 2 Million CPU's.

Define largest network... area? Connections? Routers? PC? Endpoint devices?

ATT, UUNET, PSINET, Its hard to say. I would say ATT because they are the largest global telecom company that have shell businesses all over the world.

As far as what company have the largest network in the world?

I would say more like an Agency, probably the combined resources of the US Govt.

Maybe Cray, if you were to work in terms of CPU cores. Telecom probably ATT, since they are the longest living telecom company I can think of... Didn't they eat bell back in the day?

Maybe Cray, if you were to work in terms of CPU cores. Telecom probably ATT, since they are the longest living telecom company I can think of... Didn't they eat bell back in the day?

AT&T WAS all the Baby Bell's until the fed's split them up under anti-trust laws in the late 70s-early 80s

To kind of go off your original question a bit, but still related: how many devices are under control of any botnet (not just a single one, but generically speaking)? How's that compare to some big companies networks and devices?

I'd say Google, Microsoft, Amazon are way up there. The data centers are spread out all over plus the many various offices, off site workers, main campuses and other branch offices out there.

I disagree.
A botnet would be a collection of machines using the internet as their network. I wouldn't count "the entire internet" as a network that can be controlled by any single entity.

I think the original intent of the question was an organization that has their own private LAN's, and possibly uses the internet as WAN's to connect their different sites.

By network I mean number of computers controlled by a single entity. Could be a company, or hackers. Smart phones are certainly computers, but ATT doesn't own the phones or have real control over them, so I personally don't think they should be included.

Back