Who has ordered the 7800GTX?

2Fresh

2[H]4U
I just ordered mine.BFG from Newegg for $636ish 2nd day. I plan to check it out untill the ATi is out..will then sell the 7800 and buy it. :D
Now I just have to get a damn PCI-e mobo. Guess I will just pick one up local..found a K8N Neo4-f for cheap...hope it is an ok board. ;)

Would have been nice to sell my X800XT/PE to offset some of the cost, but oh well...it will sell some day. :D

eh, i might have to wait for the ultra. I hate it when they do a GT, then a GT OC, then an ultra, and then an ultra OC. I'll wait for the best version of it, and then pick it up then

I just ordered 1, and will be ordering another next week or SLi :)

I am impressed by the amount of moeny people have available to spend. More power to you, I am jealous ;)

kpedge said:
Woke up, read the reviews, then ordered mine. BFG from ZZF- 599 shipped.

Ditto, needed a video card and have a NF4 board that can be modded to SLI, so why not buy the best out right now.

I'd be hapily wasting my money on this card if there was an AGP version...

Makave7i Tha Don said:
eh, i might have to wait for the ultra. I hate it when they do a GT, then a GT OC, then an ultra, and then an ultra OC. I'll wait for the best version of it, and then pick it up then
This IS the ultra. there's going to be a GT and vanilla later. They're saving the Ultra name for the card to come out when the R520 does. The OC cards are just BFG... and they're just OC.. not much to get confused about. If you want to wait for the best version... you'll be waiting till R520.

BFG from ZZF.

NewEgg is a bunch of tools.

NewEgg
BFG 7800 GTX OC:

Price : $619.00
Shipping : $5 FedEx saver

ZZF
BFG 7800 GTX OC:

Price : $599.99
Shipping : FREE FedEx 2nd day

I ordered my X850XT last night for 460 from newegg. Should have waited a few more hours. Oh well the R520 comes out this fall and the 7800 GTX isn't that much faster than the X850Xt anyways around average of 15 fps more

I have to wait Approx 1.5 Months until my deployment is over before I am able to buy mine. But you bet your bottom dollar that I will asap.

For those of you up their who said...

"What a waste of money"

My 9700 Pro is painfully living its last days, not a waste of money.

and those of you who said

"This is the ultra"

Thats a negative ghost rider. The Ultra may or may not come depending on how the R520 does, this has already been said. :)

Arkanian said:
I ordered my X850XT last night for 460 from newegg. Should have waited a few more hours. Oh well the R520 comes out this fall and the 7800 GTX isn't that much faster than the X850Xt anyways around average of 15 fps more

I believe that if the package has already shipped you can refuse acceptance of the package and that makes it like a canceled order. You will get a full refund shipping included.

I'm buying the Ultra or the refresh.... or I may not upgrade at all. 6800 GT is a stout card. But still, to those who are getting a 7800 GTX it looks really nice. I hope you enjoy it :cool:

Stop saying it's a waste of money everyone. These people are going to sell their used equipment, and if it's BFG, has a lifetime warranty. So they're actually doing many of you a favor. Start scanning the FS/FT forums for the sales.

It's a huge upgrade when replacing the MB, because you basically have to reformat and start over. It's not that bad, just make sure you have all your apps, cds, and drivers set up before you start.

Thought I did the BFG..actually did the evga..had to call and change order. Total is now 636.00 ish w/ 2nd day shipping. Ugh!

2Fresh said:
Thought I did the BFG..actually did the evga..had to call and change order. Total is now 636.00 ish w/ 2nd day shipping. Ugh!
ZZF is 599.99 free shipping for the BFG OC

I would get one if I had enough money :(. My friend won one in a raffle at Geforce lan 2.0, lucky SoB.

EvilKokonut said:
sell me your x800xl or 6800gt for pci-e for $200 shipped now that you don't need them

No thanks, I've already sold my AGP 6800gt for $390. :)

smellyfatchick said:
BFG 7800GTX at ZZF already out of stock!!!!

Still shows as in stock to me. Mines packed and awaiting thier FedEx pick up anyway. :D

I ordered the EVGA one from the Egg this morning :) Roll on Friday when it gets here :)

Romir said:
Still shows as in stock to me. Mines packed and awaiting thier FedEx pick up anyway. :D

hmm that's strange. Anyway, now it shows the ASUS, and MSI's are also out of stock at ZZF...I was thinking of ordering at the end of the week but it looks like there won't be any left at this rate...damn video cards..

Arkanian said:
ZZF is 599.99 free shipping for the BFG OC

After the first $600..does not matter much :p

Kyle- Nice to see you keeping on the threads lately. :cool:

I was mad I only had 640 extra this week in checking, or I would have done overnight ;)

Intel_Hydralisk said:
This IS the ultra. there's going to be a GT and vanilla later. They're saving the Ultra name for the card to come out when the R520 does. The OC cards are just BFG... and they're just OC.. not much to get confused about. If you want to wait for the best version... you'll be waiting till R520.

you are probably correct thats why I went EVGA. I can easily oc it to BFG status and take advantage of the step up program if in fact they do go Ultra. It has worked for me several times in the past so i am comfortable with this approach

Intel_Hydralisk said:
This is why I'm waiting for R520... Though I'd prefer Nvidia, I will go whichever has better price to performance. Plus the 7800GTX just doesn't look like a worthwhile upgrade right now for the price they want. For $150 less, maybe.

Zinn said:
This is why I'm waiting for R520... Though I'd prefer Nvidia, I will go whichever has better price to performance. Plus the 7800GTX just doesn't look like a worthwhile upgrade right now for the price they want. For $150 less, maybe.

150 or less??? It is quite a big increase..like 33% fps ina lot of cases. Who cares if it is expensive, for those who have the $ it does not mean much..it is just a fun upgrade..untill the ATi comes out.

2Fresh said:
150 or less??? It is quite a big increase..like 33% fps ina lot of cases. Who cares if it is expensive, for those who have the $ it does not mean much..it is just a fun upgrade..untill the ATi comes out.

It might be expensive but the preformance is definatley justified, at least to me. W00t, can wait for my gtx's

psst. join server irc.gamesurge.net ...channel #7800gtx :)

Back