Who has a WORKING 7900?

evilKat said:
I've got a pair of XFX 7900GTs in SLI and they pwn all the games I throw at it without issue. Only problem is the bloody noise from the fans which run at full bore no matter what the load. The noise is driving me nuts!!!

Two single slot VGA fan coolers in SLI are drove me to water cooling.

EVGA 7900GT KO

Runs great, perfect I would say. The only down side is the coolbits detected overclocking feature autodetects at either a memory or GPU speed that unstable. Hardly the cards fault.

2 XFX 7900GTX running at 693/882 on water.No problems so far,had them about six weeks.Must say that these cards in SLI handle 1920x1200 quite well.I'm satisfied for now.

My replacement 7900GT from eVGA has been working great since they overnighted it to me last Friday. I've been pushing it really hard too trying to root out any weak spots. :)

Got my EVGA 7900gt ko step up (from 7800gs) since May 3rd. Works flawlessly in games like NFS most wanted, oblivion, hitman, dreamfall. I have yet to overclock since hearing about the horror stories.

my PNY 7900 gt hasnt had one problem since i got it in 3/06, still runnin strong at 550/1485 oc'd
I cant complain at all...seems to me the stock 7900's work the best...and overclock from there on.

Got a XFX 7900 Extreme Edition (690/1750)

Not had a problem, had it since the first day 7900's were out.

gigabyte 7900gtx @700/1750 2 months, no problems
switched from a x1900xt, still don't know if it was a good idea :X

I had a ATI X1900XTX but was WAY too loud for me and consumed soooo much power. I swiched to a 7900GTX and funny enough a asus 3200 crossfire board(mvp32) and i couldnd be happier. No noise from my Nforce mb and my graphics card is is super quiet as a result of a custom heatsink i made for it. Love it, good stuff. Also, i experienced no difference in performace but up from ATI's beast.

2 x BFG 7900 GTX, 2 months, no concerns. No freezes, no errors.
Great performance. :D

I'll throw another one on, though I think the point is probably been made already. :)

EVGA 7900gtx. Bells, whistles, and parades... flawless (other then price).

BF2, Oblivion, Sin: Episode 1, Tomb Raider on 'Advanced' Graphics'... chews them up spits them out. Stock speeds and clocks.

Never posted during the doom and gloom posts simply because the 'You must be doing something wrong because mine is fine' is a stupid argument.

My two EVGA 7900GT CO's are working fine at their default 500/1500 speeds. At first I thought something was wrong with them but it was my faulty Enermax 535watt Silent Killer Power Supply that was the culprit since replacing it with a OCZ 700watt PS everything has been fine. :D

Volkum said:
Two single slot VGA fan coolers in SLI are drove me to water cooling.

Okay, I could definitely use your (or anyone's for that matter!) advice then. I just bought my cards about a month ago and have been unsuccessfully looking for a way to silence my cards. I need a single slot solution, so the zalmaan stuff goes out the door.

But given the recent spate of 7900 problems, I'm rather wary about voiding my warrenty by replacing the stock cooler with quieter one (say when Artic comes out with one for the 7900). Do you guys think it advisable to go ahead and kill the warrenty?

Volkum, what's the water kit you used to cool ur GPUs?

evilKat said:
Okay, I could definitely use your (or anyone's for that matter!) advice then. I just bought my cards about a month ago and have been unsuccessfully looking for a way to silence my cards. I need a single slot solution, so the zalmaan stuff goes out the door.

But given the recent spate of 7900 problems, I'm rather wary about voiding my warrenty by replacing the stock cooler with quieter one (say when Artic comes out with one for the 7900). Do you guys think it advisable to go ahead and kill the warrenty?

Volkum, what's the water kit you used to cool ur GPUs?

I have low profile Maze4s on my cards (as shown in my sig). I didn't buy a kit, rather I bought all the pieces and made my own. Just FYI, Maze4 blocks are not single slot (and there aren't many single slot blocks either).

PNY 7900 GT here, had it since March 23rd, no probs, got a VF700 on it, and the only issues I've seen have been when I pushed the Core past 550mhz, I hear to resolve that I just need to volt mod it.

I keep it at 525/700 normally, idles at 49C

EVGA 7900 GT in a SUGO Evolution, runs quiet and strong in FEAR and Oblivion. I am so happy with this card and this case that I'll be buying another card for an SLI setup within the month.

I have had no issues with my Leadtek 7900GTs- then again, they are at the default clock specs.

No issues here what so ever on my evga 7900GT CO bought in late January, using water cooling and pushing ram to 859 core to 552. (knocks on wood)

My MSI 7900GT ran flawlessly OC's to 700/920 with the 1.4Vmod using WC, I was sooo happy with it I have now bought another 7900GT that has 512MB memory :cool:

I ordered my evga 7900gtx (stock clocked version) on launch day, no problems at all. Played all the way thru FEAR no problems. Get asked at Lan parties (when they see fear running in 1920x1200) what card I'm running... :)

Overclocking it I think I had a few artifacts, stock speeds are fine tho. That might have been when the case didnt have rear exhaust fans installed (i forget exactly, it's been awhile)

I have had a pair of XFX 79800GT's (520/750 stock) in SLI since 3/17 with no problems. I installed zalman VF900 coolers and ram sinks on the a few weeks ago and they are running nicely cool. I've overclocked them to 545/760 with no problems, and will probably push them higher.

They performs great and are very quiet.

my first evga 7900gt CO was bad, out of the box, artifacts in games.

this replacement has been doing fine, for about a month now. we'll have to conduct more extensive testing in 2-3 weeks after finals are done.

Mak said:
I've had my 7900GT/eVGA since 3/9 and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. :)

Same here. Superlocked version. Only 'problem' I had with mine is that the backing plate tabs that secure the backing plate to the DVI ports were uncrimped on the port farthest away from the mobo. Other than that its been running solid since day one and I play ~7hrs straight every night so its not like it never sees use. Its slightly overclocked by me as well.

Two BFG 7900GTX OCs running strong. Ordered on launch day and no problems thus far.

My 7900GTXs seem to work, but I haven't run 3DMark06 yet so I don't know.... But I don't see any problems in FEAR, Doom3, Quake4 or 3DMark05.

Had my evga 7900gt for about six weeks now, and no problems to report. FEAR, Far Cry, HL2, NFSMW, Quake 4 all run flawlessly. Still at stock speeds. See no need to OC as yet.

2 full days now on my new eVGA 7900GT KO Superclock (580/1580) and everything is fine...runs fairly cool, no problems with 3DMark 06 (scored 4718) and AOE3, NFSMW run great...haven't reinstalled Oblivion yet.

Looking into this thread it seems a large margin of people have zero problems very few have had cards completely fail and 2 or 3 have had to underclock the card to stock speed to stop problems. Maybe this problem isn't as bad as people say it is. My 2 7900GTX are still going strong and I've had one since day -2 (2 days before launch) and 1 on day 1 (launch day). :confused:

Diseaseboy said:
I have had no issues with my Leadtek 7900GTs- then again, they are at the default clock specs.

I had one of those up to about 565/1680 on the stock voltage and cooler. I didn't use it for very long though, so it may be a time bomb waiting to go crappy. Fortunately, I don't use it anymore anyway. I need to sell the damn thing.

Mine works. Its an eVGA 7900GT CO RMA from ZZF. Before I turned the card on, before i plugged it in, the first thing I did was cleaned the back of the card w/ rubbing alcohol and q-tip. The whole back, not missing a spot to get all the manufacturer goo off it. Next I put my stasis neptune on it for some nice coolness. After cutting the tubing, i turned it on and it was solid. At stock voltage, I cranked up the core to 600 and RAM up to 900 (1800MHz) After getting mostfet sinks for the 2 mosfets that get really hot and putting a small fan to blow over them, I continued to vold mod the card from 1.4, to 1.5 then to 1.55 increasing the core speed every time. Finally, I got the core to 745MHz and the RAM to 1000MHz (2GHz) which its stable @ now. Seems I got a good card :D

7900GTX from albatron working fine so far. Running 2560x1600 for all of my games so i'm not letting it laze about.

BFG 7900GT running great at 2560x1600 with no issues. Just waiting to add a second one possiably.

eVGA 7900GT CO Superclocked running like a champ for over three months now. I've even been able to oc it to 560/1600

Back