Who got there Windows 7 Upgrade Disc (OEM Computers)

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I was wondering if anyone has gotten there W7 upgrade Disc yet (This applies to OEM Computers Only EX: Prebuilts and Notebooks) I am asking this because I bought a new Notebook and I ordered my upgrade on the 21st of October (I know 7 is not officially released until the 22nd of October) but it says estimated ship date OCT 22nd or two weeks which ever is latter:mad:. So I think the company does not even have them yet. Please post when you get your disc
When you placed your order and when you got it and what ship method they used

Thanks

Update:
I Got the discs yesterday (11/24/2009) After about a month and three days and after I paid $9.99 for "Express Processing" Anyway I was able to do a clean install even though the directions (Geared toward The "Average" not knowing how to install an OS Computer User:D) said to just put the Upgrade DVD in the drive and select reboot and the process should take 2-3 Hours and to backup data and all of the other usual you can't sue me if you lose important data crap. The procedure my way(Selecting boot from DVD and clean install) only took 35 Minutes 45 Seconds Yes I timed it :D Anyway I only had to install one driver and one program (Webcam and the driver for the touch keys to display the special Volume/WIFI/other status OSD) the rest was picked up with the OS drivers and Windows update did its thing and I am very happy with Windows 7

Oh I received two DVD-Rom Discs one was the OS and the other was the drivers which I did not need as I had to use the driver restore disc that I had to burn when I first got the computer (I hate that I had to use four DVD-R's and all four discs only totaled 8.4GB so I SHOULD Of only needed two discs damn new computers for not coming with Proper restore media:mad:)
anyway I bought a Laptop/Notebook that is the only Computer I will buy pre-built as I hate working with Laptops and it was a Gateway NV5807U Not the lowest model but not the Top Of The Line either

So who else bought a pre-built notebook/desktop lately and has/has-not received their upgrade media.

Overall the whole process was a PITA as I had to call Gateway as they apparently "Forgot" about my order if I called sooner I would have probably gotten it a week earlier but I did get my $9.99 back

Anyway they used UPS/USPS UPS sent it off the the United States Postal Service but the shipping was quick after the USPS got it the UPS part was slow

Last edited:
I got mine from Toshiba 2 days ago. 1 DVD with both 32bit and 64bit on it. I don't think this one is bootable, I'll try it out tomorrow and see.

I think my Disc is a full install disc (it has the same disc volume label as a retail install disc) But it is BIOS Locked to Acer/Gateway I tried to make an ISO on my main computer (The one in my Sig not from the notebooks drive) and the autorun program came up with a big warning that said Not to be installed on non Acer computers didnot try to install it but I assume it will not let me I just wanted to make an ISO Backup (which worked after I clicked OK on that box)

Mine says this on the DVD, "For Use Only as an Upgrade to a Qualifying Toshiba Windows 7 Upgrade option PC."

I just got one from gateway, ordered in early october I believe

I ordered from Dell about a week ago and it arrived today USPS.

I did have the Windows Vista partition still there but I wiped the drive and did a clean install. Not sure if it has to do because I copied the DVD to a hard drive to install but it asked me for the cd key. The COA sticker was on the CD sleve and I stuck it on the bottom of the laptop.

I didn't need any drivers but there was Intel graphics, Atheros Ethernet and BCM WiFi updates in Windows Update but all those components were working fine before. Unknown device in device manager but I get that too if I install from the Dell Vista disc and selectivly install Driver from dell (that is I didn't install everything it offers me ... crap like"Dell System Software" and "Dell optimized power settings" etc). If I restore the factory image the unknown device isn't there.

I ordered mine back in September when I bought my wife's laptop, and it just arrived on Saturday.

Disc is bootable for doing a clean install, and I am not sure if you can choose to use 32 or 64bit.

Back