• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Who do YOU ask to borg?

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
6,604
Well, I'm looking for some new fronts to find some boxen to fold, and I have a few so far. I've got one person to fold for me, as they have a 2.16GHz AthlonXP file server that literally ides 0.00 load all day every day...it took some arguing and convincing, but he eventually allowed me to fold on it (God bless him). You'd think folding would be an easy sell to someone with a Lance Armstrong laptop. :p Anyway, just curious as to where everyone pulls their enourmous PPD's from, and how you convince your friends/relatives/co-workers to borg their boxen. Need some ideas. :D

 
Well anything and everything. I borg almost anything I touch.

Somepeople that fix computers offer a price break on price if they let it be borged. Some people (K*) hit up the high school and local college dorms looking for b0rgs.

I also work on the computer stuff at a local drycleaners so I b0rg those too.

 
I tell my friends..and then a few of them like the project enough to spread it around to people they know. So..now I have no idea how many borgs I have and which computers are turning in WU for who or when.

Most of my production has come from my school lab. Sixteen 3.0E's and Twenty 2.8C's that run around 8 hours a day mainly idling or internet/word processing. Now..to convince the admin that electricity doesn't cost that much and that we should run them 24/7...

 
Back
Top