• I do.

Votes: 117 40.8%
  • I don't.

Votes: 64 22.3%
  • I use to, but now I don't.(explain)

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • I didn't care, but now I do.(explain)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • You cannot care about that which does not exist.

Votes: 73 25.4%

• Total voters
well I was hoping that it would be something that would at least drive down prices and restore competition to the market and maybe be something to talk about. its looking like neither right now so I am kinda giving up on it.

I care, hell i really feel as if fermi gonna be a great card prob crush the 5000 series. All that being said I would care alot more if it was out and probably would have bought that this morning instead of the 5870 vapor-x lol. In any case it really comes down to who has the best card on the market right now, atleast to me it does. Green or red its whatevers hot.

I cared until it became obvious Fermi was hopelessly uncompetitive.

If it can't drive prices down, it's beyond useless.

Best response in this thread. If it can't compete price wise then who gives a shit?

Apparently 40+% of respondents? :)

The fastest available card is usually not going to line up perfectly on the $/Perf graph. At this point I think as far as real volume goes it will be the GTX 260 equivalent (GTX 460?) that will be of interest to most people. The full performance part will probably be a low volume / high price part - there is more than enough of a niche audience for that, as long as the performance and / or IQ benefits are clear, price be damned. The 5970 isn't exactly a value proposition mass market part either.

I'll be enjoying my 5870 until I see a good reason to have it bumped over to my 2nd PC by a Fermi part - at $600 that's not likely to happen. That said it's not like I expect it to be cheaper than the 5870 was at launch either.

i do, because i want to replace my 9800gtx sli setup with a dx11 card. tried an amd/ati radeon hd5770 a couple weeks ago on my nforce mobo in my sig, but i had so much trouble with the drivers/compatibility with the mobo (i think, still not sure) that i returned the card.

I wonder if Nvidia's IQ for both gaming and video will finally be as good as ATI.

Im really happy with my 4870 512mb. I really dont care about fermi, but then again im not too concerned about the 5 series either.

Back