White PS3

Allos

Limp Gawd
Interesting .... now I can have all 3 consoles in white...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/price-drop-white-40gb-ps3-hitting-japan-308550.php

but even with the supposed cheaper price, I still cannot convince myself to buy a PS3 because there are no exclusive games that are "must-have" to me. So Xbox360 continues to satisfy my gaming needs, Wii continues to collect dust, and PS3 can continue to wait for yet another cheaper SKU....

Nice, I'm in the same boat as you. But every little bit counts in making the purchase more appealing.

I'd sell my black 60gig for a white 40gig if they come out here. I'd just buy a bigger HDD.

imitation, a form of flattery, of course that can go both ways with 360 and PS3, only the Wii has managed to stay a whitey

imitation, a form of flattery, of course that can go both ways with 360 and PS3, only the Wii has managed to stay a whitey

Lol? PS3 when they first announced it had three colors, black, white, and silver. I believe this was even before the name Wii was announced. Nice try though. They even did this with the PSP. So im guessing they copied the wii with the psp also? When i first got the white PSP and they announced the white PS3 i wanted to get the white one to match, buuuut i guess not.

I would never buy the 40 gig model no ps2 games is Sony talk.

Fixed that for ya :) Story of PS3's life to date: Drop features, pray for more sales.

Shame the white one isn't coming to the US in a BC capable flavor, though, it's way more attractive than that ghetto fabulous black one.

It's got to match the new white PSP 2.0 after all.
I actually wanted a silver one, but now seemingly all of the TVs and home theater components are black again. I wish the PS3 wasn't quite to lacquered looking, but I don't mind the black color.

Lol? PS3 when they first announced it had three colors, black, white, and silver. I believe this was even before the name Wii was announced. Nice try though. They even did this with the PSP. So im guessing they copied the wii with the psp also? When i first got the white PSP and they announced the white PS3 i wanted to get the white one to match, buuuut i guess not.

I think we can all agree that everyone making white electronics is ripping off Apple who ripped off every toaster company from the 80s.

I think we can all agree that everyone making white electronics is ripping off Apple who ripped off every toaster company from the 80s.

yeah the ds light and Wii are both only selling well because people mistook them for apple products. It’s like bloody hell this ipod plays Mario and shit.

White much more satisfying to the consumer. I'm surprised white electronics haven't been around longer. Hell, cocaine is white because people would rather that than some brown stuff. It's just bleached.

People actually believe if they see something white that it resembles Apple. Apple did a good job of not only making their iPods mainstream, but making white electronics heavily marketable.

I think Apple picked white because of those old 60's and 70's Scifi movies and TV shows where everything was white.

I'm waiting for Apple's iConsole. Photoshop games with a 1 button controller. Games like Photshop Hero. http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/08/22

I guess you haven't heard that Wii has a new SKU... I'm guessing new colors ( I hope for BLACK )

White much more satisfying to the consumer. I'm surprised white electronics haven't been around longer. Hell, cocaine is white because people would rather that than some brown stuff. It's just bleached.

People actually believe if they see something white that it resembles Apple. Apple did a good job of not only making their iPods mainstream, but making white electronics heavily marketable.

Speak for yourself; I think white electronics suck, over time white turns to yellow or tan, due to oxidizing (LINK). I like my black, because black will stay black. MY HDTV is black.. my sound system is black, I'd like all my other electronics to look black as well.

Personally I like black electronics, for when the lights go out, I don't see anything but the screen :)

Its not like every other console didn't come in different colors in Japan. Lets see XBOX 1 and PS2 both had white versions along with many other colors in Japan. DS lite and PSP both come in a variety as well.

I guess you haven't heard that Wii has a new SKU... I'm guessing new colors ( I hope for BLACK )

Speak for yourself; I think white electronics suck, over time white turns to yellow or tan, due to oxidizing (LINK). I like my black, because black will stay black. MY HDTV is black.. my sound system is black, I'd like all my other electronics to look black as well.

Personally I like black electronics, for when the lights go out, I don't see anything but the screen :)

Honestly I don't really care too much.. It's just that most of the general population loves white. What's kind of bothering, though, is that if more companies go to white, the electronics just won't match. They should for the most part stay black, especially receivers and such. Well, i hope so at least

hmmm would prefer silver to go with the tv...

I really don't like white when I think about it. Looks all like "appliances" when I see things outside of the kitchen in white...

hmmm would prefer silver to go with the tv...

I really don't like white when I think about it. Looks all like "appliances" when I see things outside of the kitchen in white...

All of my kitchen appliances are black too :D:D:D

Honestly I don't really care too much.. It's just that most of the general population loves white. What's kind of bothering, though, is that if more companies go to white, the electronics just won't match. They should for the most part stay black, especially receivers and such. Well, i hope so at least

Just curious, where you pulling facts that the "general pop." like white?

I think white hides finger prints better than black (Don't be touching my Shiny Black PS3 with your greasy fingerz)

But I also think white seems to get dirtier faster. (brown dirt/nasty)

Back