White House Introduces 'Lock Down Your Login' Campaign

HardOCP News

[H] News
The White House has teamed up with the National Cyber Security Alliance in an effort to encourage people to use stronger authentication on their various online accounts. In true government style, here is the campaign video that looks like it was made by (and for) 5th graders.

This reminded me of the presidential debate.

"We have to do this better".... gives almost no explanation on how to do it better...

The White House has teamed up with the National Cyber Security Alliance in an effort to encourage people to use stronger authentication on their various online accounts. In true government style, here is the campaign video that looks like it was made by (and for) 5th graders.

And that's not knocking 5th graders. I have 2 cousins around that age that know more about computers than most adults I know. Last summer I worked with the older of the two (6th grade - was going into 5th grade at the time) to build his new mini ITX complete with parts that he picked out with me online. In the meantime he's already added an SSD by himself.

Regarding cybersecurity - people just need to be more aware of the dangers of using the same password for all their services. A few weeks ago I had to argue with an aunt that having the same password for Netflix and banking is not a good idea. She changed it, but still doesn't think it was a problem.

I'm the opposite, I don't put any security on my phone. Who ever finds my phone, I want them to use it, cause I can try to track it down with GPS and recover it. What about my login credentials? I never use this stuff on my phone. If the government can break into my phone, than just about anyone can if they wanted to. Anything sensitive will be done on a real computer. Also cause using my phone is a pain in my ass. Don't care what anyone says, I can never get used to touchscreen typing.

I don't send dick picks, don't send emails, and don't login to bank accounts or credit cards. With Android Device Manager I can track it, erase it, and even make it ring. If the phone is locked they will just turn off the phone or let it drain until it's dead.

Back