• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Whining sound

pcfan10110

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
233
Whenever I put my PC on standby I hear the HD spin-down and then I hear A whining noise but when I I jiggle the mouse it turns on and shuts down just fine. WTH? I do not hear this whining sound when I turn the PC off though...

Any suggestions? :confused: :(
 
I don't know what the issue is and can only suggest you turn off the spindown on the HDD's. I never use it as I have three HDD's and don't want them being spinning down and up again all the time. It's of no real benefit to spin them down anyway except to save a little power.
 
Back
Top