Which X800 XL is the best?

VoodooChi|d

[H]ard|Gawd
Which of these X800 XL's is the best? I wan't one with dual DVI and it has to be PCI-E.

POWERCOLOR R43C-TVD3D Radeon X800XL 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131299

MSI RX800XL-VT2D256E Radeon X800XL 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127156

If you think theres another one that fits my criteria and is better please suggest that instead. :)

It depends on what you are after.
The MSI offers a better games/software bundle from what I've read, but the Powercolor apparently overclocks better (something to do with the additional power connector, maybe?) so in the end, they kinda come out even.
You really have to make the choice yourself, based on what you want or need.
Me? I'd take the Powercolor. It's got a bigger cooler, and bigger is ALWAYS better..... :p

I'm basing this purely on the card. Video cards hardly ever come with any games I'd play anyways...

banGerprawN said:
Except the price goes up quite a bit with either of those....I'd stick with the cheaper ones and get an ATi Silencer.
There's also the fact that they don't have Dual DVI, which seems to be more what he's worried about.

$17 not including shipping from Newegg (which is free from ZZF) isn't really "quite a bit." The price is right considering what you would pay for a third party heatpipe or Zalman cooler. The Gigabyte also has VIVO.

Stellar said:
$17 not including shipping from Newegg (which is free from ZZF) isn't really "quite a bit." The price is right considering what you would pay for a third party heatpipe or Zalman cooler. The Gigabyte also has VIVO.

Granted, but that $17 can be spent on a Silencer (which I hear performs better than a Zalman anyway, woulndt know myself, I watercool).
And then what about the dual DVI? Sure, the Gigabyte has VIVO, but that doesnt mean it has twin DVI, and as far as I know, it's impossible to buy a VGA to DVI adaptor.
No doubt, you would have picked the better deal IF dual DVI wasnt a requirement. Unfortunately, it's not exactly meeting his needs ;)

Back