• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which X-Fi Card?

hity645

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
8,998
Basically I wanna get a new sound card I am a gamer and listen to music alot, I got an Audigy Gamer right now. With a 7.1 setup, but its only being used as 5.1 setup. Looking for a front bay. I was looking at this one: link

Or would the Xtreme Music work best?
 
to me, all the x-fi cards are the same, the higher u go u get more crap and "X-RAM" which is worthless, but the same audio quality...
 
Ah, I just did a look at their site, the only one with a bay adaptor is the Plat and Fatal1ty :(
 
The only X-Fi that makes any actual difference over the XtremeMusic is the Elite Pro. :( And that is only because of the higher quality DACs.
 
I love my xtrememusic, sounds great.

Basically the better cards come with more accessories.
 
Bop said:
The only X-Fi that makes any actual difference over the XtremeMusic is the Elite Pro. :( And that is only because of the higher quality DACs.
oh, please, is it really worth the extra $200?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?
 
-=ABUSIVE-69=- said:
oh, please, is it really worth the extra $200?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?

Only if your an audiophile. Or if you get it for free, like I am. :D
 
I for one would rather save $200 and put it towards an external DAC that I can use on whatever i'd like :p
 
Smitty2k1 said:
People spend $500+ on their grafix cards no problem...
very different Price/ Performance segment. The difference between older and newer cards is not only easily emasurable, but significant. I am certain that the marginal utility of spending $200 more on a video card is >> than the MU of spending $200 more on a soundard.
 
-=ABUSIVE-69=- said:
only if ur an rich music lover

Not really, Im no audiophile, i just like it to sound good. The plat edition is the lowest card on the ladder with a front bay. Its a pain to get my headset hooked up currently.
 
hity645 said:
Not really, Im no audiophile, i just like it to sound good. The plat edition is the lowest card on the ladder with a front bay. Its a pain to get my headset hooked up currently.
tru, what i mean is that its kinda overkill for most people to spend precious gpu money on ur apu but if u have the cash, by all means, get the best :cool: :D
 
I would spend on a X-FI Xtreme music card, the cheapest of bunch, delivers equal quality with the exeption that it lacks that front break box and that extra ram (has not shown benefits yet) will run u about 100$ about. If you have more $$ then I would Invest in a X-FI platinum bout 170$, has the box in the front with extra buttons (same as the Fatal1ty exept it doesen't have a guetto red light in front of break box and lack the extra ram).
If you wont be messing too much with mixing music ect get the music one, if u can spare $70 extra the the platinum is nice as long as you got space in the front bay of your case.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=290237 PLATINUM $140 on SALE <-------- I would jump on this, but i got a audigy 2 zs, good enough for now, waiting for PCI-E version when I build my new rig.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=290236 MUSIC ver $80 on Sale
At my job they order from this company a lot, they use either this or newegg and usually zipzoom has more deals, but newegg has a few deals every once in a while, I use these because they are secure sites.
 
I can't jump on that right now, Im saving up my pennies so I can order a couple things on my wish list ie lcd monitor (maybe) another hdd, ram...etc, get my computer kickin for a couple more months and make way for my new build. Soon...very soon....both my computer and my car will be pimp'n new stuff...
 
I bought the Extreme music to replace my Audigy 2 as soon as they were available...and it was well worth the 110$ i paid for it...there is no comparison...X-FI is light years ahead of anything in the Audigy series in terms of sound quality and speed..if you want just the card...then thats where your $ should go
 
That's the one I have. It's been trouble free so far.

-Larry

Bop said:
The only X-Fi that makes any actual difference over the XtremeMusic is the Elite Pro. :( And that is only because of the higher quality DACs.
 
Back
Top