• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which X-Fi card to get?

mchen01

n00b
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
38
Hey,

I'm having trouble deciding which X-Fi card to get, out of the following:

1. Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer 24BIT Sound Card 7.1 PCI
2. Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Audio 24BIT Sound Card 7.1 PCI

What are the main differences between the two? Why is the Gamer one more expensive?

I play a decent amount of FPS games, listen to all kinds of music, and watch movies/TV regularly with my 4.1 speakers that I have now (will upgrade one day?).

I'm also getting the ATH-AD700 headphones too, so I figured a new sound card wouldn't hurt (currently using SBLive! 16-bit).

Thanks!
 
get the gamer- its a real x-fi. the extreme audio does NOT have an x-fi chip- it has a software codec similar to audigy le and live 24 bit
 
I just got the AD700 headphones. Will the X-Fi gamer have a noticible improvement in sound, coming from a SBLive! 16 bit card?
 
yes! i have the ad700 also. the x-fi puts out a lot of power for a sound card. make sure to mess with the eq and bass boost- those headphones can handle a lot
 
and then run bf2142 !!! some of the best 3d audio ever, only ut3 bests it. of course both games almost require an x-fi
 
Thanks for the responses.

Another question, how do I increase the bass with the kx drivers and SBLive! card (if possible)?
 
Back
Top