Which would you do

reasons

Limp Gawd
It's been a while since I upgraded my rig too heavily and was looking at changing my monitor setup. This is, of course, my choice, but I'm having a difficult time weighing the pros and cons with each setup I'm thinking. Choices are a third 2209WA, or sell my current two and get a Hazro HZ27WA (which is there even a release date yet?). The only two things I do that really can be affected with monitor use are coding (work, not LULZ python time) and games. The list I have so far compiles of:

3 2209WAs:
Pros:
Crazy amount of real estate, possibly too much*
In portrait they'd be great, a full browser, a full spec page, but then an awkward third for code.
In landscape, eyefinity in Windows for the games that this would be cool on. Really only FPS IMO.
Cons:
In landscape, you have to turn your head too far ergonomically to see what you want. Do this a lot and it does get annoying.
I don't like moving my monitors from P to L, I usually get them set square a perfect because that's how I roll.
Space isn't too much of an issue, but ~60in wide for monitors isn't ideal.

Hazro HZ27WA:
Pros:
Enough space to have code/spec side by side.
Space saving.
Changing from P to L doesn't depend on other monitors
Non FPS game fun
No bezels

Cons:
16:9, even at this size
Losing real estate
Not out?

* There is a thing, IMO, as too much space. Except in the heat of the moment, three monitors is overkill. Sure, you can leave things running in the background and just glace at them, sure you don't have to manage you windows as much BUT...

I use a tiling WM so I don't ever manage my own windows and workspaces always can leave something running in the background. This would only be in issue for Windows programming which I do little of ATM.

Back